Fellaini CM

Discussion in 'Everton Forum' started by benbluenose79, Dec 9, 2012.

1. benbluenose79

benbluenose79 Player Valuation: Free Transfer

Reputations:
    i think the big man wasn't at his best up top today dont get me wrong he still held the ball up well but wasn't his usual dominant self,then bang put him in CM and get vellios on and we score twice...great win for blues and a real statement against the fashionable cock-e-nays i just noticed they've lost 6 games this season if only even 2 or 3 of our draws turned into wins,we would be head n shoulders above everyone in 3/4th
  2. MartSlinger

MartSlinger Player Valuation: £750k

Reputations:
    If he plays CAM against Stoke we play right into their hands, simple as that really.
  3. Tubey

Tubey Player Valuation: £1.5m Forum Supporter

Reputations:
    It's happened twice now. Sunderland I believe it was, my brain is frazzled so I'm not sure. Anyway, it was Vellios on, Fellaini dropped deep = goals.

Fellaini's best position is as a box to box midfielder, deeper than he is deployed.
  4. benbluenose79

benbluenose79 Player Valuation: Free Transfer

Reputations:
    yeah we need felli n gibson in the middle and push ozzie up with pienaar n (hopefully) mirralles on flanks
  5. Steven Naismith

Steven Naismith Player Valuation: Free Transfer

Reputations:
    This. Love to see him drop into the middle and maybe slot ossie behind Jelavic.. can't see him moving Ossie though, but imo it would work down at Stoke. Ossie wasn't at his best today though so if he was dropped and Vellios came in I'd be made up
  6. MartSlinger

MartSlinger Player Valuation: £750k

Reputations:
    Correct mate. Moved to CM, got space, scored one and assisted one.
  7. Chang Elephant

Chang Elephant Forum God

Reputations:
    Move Fellaini back to centre mid where he's dominant with Gibson. Drop Osman. More wins.
  8. Lien

Lien Player Valuation: £500k

Reputations:
    Only problem with Fellaini as a conventional CM is his inability to, err, pass. Poor distribution of the ball on a regular basis.
  9. Cotto

Cotto Player Valuation: Free Transfer

Reputations:
    People have been saying this for weeks but shot down by a fair majority! "Fellaini's on form" "top goalscorer" "not why Jelavic isnt scoring"

Its obvious that it doesnt work "all the time" wit him up top. I mentioned him not flicking on any of the long balls. As soon as Velios was on he started to flick the ball on... Success. We looked better in the middle aswell. Osman was carried all game.
  10. Royal Blue Jersey

Royal Blue Jersey Player Valuation: £950k Forum Supporter

Reputations:

FINALLY.
    This is precisely my point.

Osman & Gibson > Fellaini
    And we've already established he can't play in the hole. He has no place in our team. We should cash in.
  11. tim cahill

tim cahill Player Valuation: £750k

Reputations:
    I quite like him as the attacking midfielder but vs Stoke I have to agree with you.
  12. Cotto

Cotto Player Valuation: Free Transfer

Reputations:
    Id agree his sale fee is at highest this summer if we make champions league. Id sell in summer for £30m
  13. arch stanton

arch stanton Player Valuation: £500k

Reputations:
    yeah but good sides have a better chance of nullifying him, and suds are a pretty decent side. The problem comes for other teams is when he is kept quiet that we have other players that can ruin a side. We are off form at the mo but someone is going to get a dicking this season.
  14. Saliba

Saliba Player Valuation: £225k

Reputations:
    The problem is the Jela and Felli don't complement each other at all. If we had a fast agile striker then sure, but we have two big powerful players playing up front, doesn't work at times.
  15. Del

Del Ric Wee fan club member 2014

Reputations:
    Has Moyes played Fellaini anywhere else but AM this season?
  16. thebluefox

thebluefox Banned Banned

Reputations:
    am with you nelly ,but it wont happen mate
  17. Brennan

Brennan Sniff it. Forum Supporter

Reputations:
    Not from the start of a game i don't think. He's done it when the CAM option hasn't worked though, like Wigan away.

The key thing really is that Fellaini himself thinks he's a defensive midfielder. When the player actually comes out and says that it's an indicator that you might be best playing him there.
  18. Brennan

Brennan Sniff it. Forum Supporter

Reputations:
    Only if injuries forced it i guess, like with Coleman at right back.
  19. Dom1878

Dom1878 Player Valuation: £500k

Reputations:
    I agree, drop Osman, put Fellaini next to Gibson, and play Vellios upfront.

Problem is Osman hasn't really been bad enough to be dropped!
  20. CahillsCornerFlag

CahillsCornerFlag Player Valuation: £950k

Reputations:
    CM is his best position for sure. Moyes hasn't twigged that the attacking mid slot is best filled by a creative player though, somehow. Every other team has figured it out like. Jela would be on far more goals.