Fellaini CM

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

benbluenose79

i think the big man wasn't at his best up top today dont get me wrong he still held the ball up well but wasn't his usual dominant self,then bang put him in CM and get vellios on and we score twice...great win for blues and a real statement against the fashionable cock-e-nays i just noticed they've lost 6 games this season if only even 2 or 3 of our draws turned into wins,we would be head n shoulders above everyone in 3/4th

It's happened twice now. Sunderland I believe it was, my brain is frazzled so I'm not sure. Anyway, it was Vellios on, Fellaini dropped deep = goals.

Fellaini's best position is as a box to box midfielder, deeper than he is deployed.

yeah we need felli n gibson in the middle and push ozzie up with pienaar n (hopefully) mirralles on flanks

If he plays CAM against Stoke we play right into their hands, simple as that really.

This. Love to see him drop into the middle and maybe slot ossie behind Jelavic.. can't see him moving Ossie though, but imo it would work down at Stoke. Ossie wasn't at his best today though so if he was dropped and Vellios came in I'd be made up

It's happened twice now. Sunderland I believe it was, my brain is frazzled so I'm not sure. Anyway, it was Vellios on, Fellaini dropped deep = goals.

Fellaini's best position is as a box to box midfielder, deeper than he is deployed.

Correct mate. Moved to CM, got space, scored one and assisted one.

Only problem with Fellaini as a conventional CM is his inability to, err, pass. Poor distribution of the ball on a regular basis.

People have been saying this for weeks but shot down by a fair majority! "Fellaini's on form" "top goalscorer" "not why Jelavic isnt scoring"

Its obvious that it doesnt work "all the time" wit him up top. I mentioned him not flicking on any of the long balls. As soon as Velios was on he started to flick the ball on... Success. We looked better in the middle aswell. Osman was carried all game.

Only problem with Fellaini as a conventional CM is his inability to, err, pass. Poor distribution of the ball on a regular basis.

FINALLY.
This is precisely my point.

Osman & Gibson > Fellaini
And we've already established he can't play in the hole. He has no place in our team. We should cash in.

FINALLY.
This is precisely my point.

Osman & Gibson > Fellaini
And we've already established he can't play in the hole. He has no place in our team. We should cash in.
Id agree his sale fee is at highest this summer if we make champions league. Id sell in summer for £30m

yeah but good sides have a better chance of nullifying him, and suds are a pretty decent side. The problem comes for other teams is when he is kept quiet that we have other players that can ruin a side. We are off form at the mo but someone is going to get a dicking this season.

The problem is the Jela and Felli don't complement each other at all. If we had a fast agile striker then sure, but we have two big powerful players playing up front, doesn't work at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.