Fellaini CM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Moyes played Fellaini anywhere else but AM this season?

Not from the start of a game i don't think. He's done it when the CAM option hasn't worked though, like Wigan away.

The key thing really is that Fellaini himself thinks he's a defensive midfielder. When the player actually comes out and says that it's an indicator that you might be best playing him there.

CM is his best position for sure. Moyes hasn't twigged that the attacking mid slot is best filled by a creative player though, somehow. Every other team has figured it out like. Jela would be on far more goals.

It's happened twice now. Sunderland I believe it was, my brain is frazzled so I'm not sure. Anyway, it was Vellios on, Fellaini dropped deep = goals.

Fellaini's best position is as a box to box midfielder, deeper than he is deployed.

This makes me wonder if we should just drop the whole CAM/SS thing and just play two up front. For some reason Jelli just can't score when Felli is playing between him and the midfield.

FINALLY.
This is precisely my point.

Osman & Gibson > Fellaini
And we've already established he can't play in the hole. He has no place in our team. We should cash in.

rk1vn4.gif

If Mirallas is fit:

Howard
Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines
Fellaini
Gibson Osman
Mirallas ------------ Pienaar
Jelavic

Have Fellaini mopping up all of the high balls in front of the back four, with Jagielka and Distin dropping off behind him.

Gibson putting his foot on the ball, Osman pushing forward off him and in behind Jelavic.

Emphasis on keeping the ball on the ground and controlling possession in midfield.

If Mirallas is fit:

Howard
Fellaini
Gibson Osman
Jelavic

Have Fellaini mopping up all of the high balls in front of the back four, with Jagielka and Distin dropping off behind him.

Gibson putting his foot on the ball, Osman pushing forward off him and in behind Jelavic.

Emphasis on keeping the ball on the ground and controlling possession in midfield.

Alright Brendan lad?

I think 14 goals in 16 games between the two is beyond what I regard as the norm for Everton strikers.
I would carry on with things as they are as we are not only dominating but also scoring goals. If its not working or we are against a very large side which can nullify Felli then drop him back.
It would be mad imo to change what is an effective front line. Yes Jelavic only has 6 in 16 but I can think of several occasions that should of been different.. He has missed several sitters.. Mirrallas today should of laid it on a plate but it was intercepted.. Naismith recently was annihilated for a poor pass that should of been to feet instead of lofted way passed him that he would of burred..
The goals are there to be had we are just slightly off it from our wide players and Jela himself but the only reason I would stop what is a massively boss attacking team from playing as we are is if it means keeping Fellaini because he is unhappy with the role he is given.
He's only really said he prefers DM, not that he doesn't like it and has recently said he is happy at Everton so I see no reason to change it.

I think 14 goals in 16 games between the two is beyond what I regard as the norm for Everton strikers.
I would carry on with things as they are as we are not only dominating but also scoring goals. If its not working or we are against a very large side which can nullify Felli then drop him back.
It would be mad imo to change what is an effective front line. Yes Jelavic only has 6 in 16 but I can think of several occasions that should of been different.. He has missed several sitters.. Mirrallas today should of laid it on a plate but it was intercepted.. Naismith recently was annihilated for a poor pass that should of been to feet instead of lofted way passed him that he would of burred..
The goals are there to be had we are just slightly off it from our wide players and Jela himself but the only reason I would stop what is a massively boss attacking team from playing as we are is if it means keeping Fellaini because he is unhappy with the role he is given.
He's only really said he prefers DM, not that he doesn't like it and has recently said he is happy at Everton so I see no reason to change it.

You say only, that's better than 1 goal every 3 games and I'm sure his overall goalscoring record for us is near a goal every 2 games.

It's a strange one, in that Jelavic doesn't seem to get as many goals when Fellaini is playing, but Fellaini is getting plenty of goals and assists to other players. Should we change our system to accommodate our one striker rather than having two players well on their way to 15+ goals for the season?

He's our best option there at the moment. If you look at just that position, you're suggesting either Osman or Naismith instead of Marouane Fellaini. Are either of them more dangerous than him?

I prefer him further back too, but we're not exactly blessed with top quality forwards are we.

If Mirallas is fit:

Howard
Fellaini
Gibson Osman
Jelavic

Fellaini behind Jelavic, I understand, Fellaini in front of Gibson and behind a two man attack I understand but Fellaini behind the entire midfield? That's just mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.