• Wolfsburg

Votes: 16 4.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 29 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@chicoazul your preview was ace...the result, well, frankly I probably would with everyone.

The poll though mate...please close them at kickoff. The 'Yes' vote has gone up by nearly 30 votes since we battered them.

Hahaha wish i could walk in the bookies this morning as say 4 -1 everton yeah lastnight oh by the way own goal to start.

Bless them xxx

I think perhaps the most shocking moment last night was when I agreed with something Townsend said.

If the front 4 aren't doing so well for 10-15 mins it really puts our back line up against it. And that was clear last night.

It probably does start with Rom holding it up to get the others involved. But I refuse to have a go at Rom as playing up top alone is bloody hard.

Just seen Mirallas' goal again, top finish from the lad. Hopefully becoming the player we all hoped he would be.
Agreed, eto'o's pass to set him up is being talked about more and rightly so but that finish was cool as you like.

Can't wait to see him in the derby!

I know this wont got down to well but I feel Distin has to come in for either Stones or Jags ( Jags for me ) Jags looked so uncomfortable on the left side of the defence and as someone else said his distribution is utter gash< as for McGreedy utter tosh, one good thing is followed by a load poo imho I'd have Pienaar any day of the week.

I think perhaps the most shocking moment last night was when I agreed with something Townsend said.

If the front 4 aren't doing so well for 10-15 mins it really puts our back line up against it. And that was clear last night.

It probably does start with Rom holding it up to get the others involved. But I refuse to have a go at Rom as playing up top alone is bloody hard.
I kind of agreed with him as well, but Naismith was helping out a lot, and tracking back trying to win back the ball. The other 3 just went missing but suppose they have been told by Martinez to stay forward in case of a counter attack.

Haha - what's the story there mate?
About 20 seconds before "his" goal we were joking about him going to Madrid in the summer, i said something to me dad along the lines of "Ronaldo would get in here and bag one, is Naismith better than Ronaldo?" (all in jest of course)

He scored then ran over to me...and i seen it in his eyes, he was saying...."AYE, aye son!!"

About 20 seconds before "his" goal we were joking about him going to Madrid in the summer, i said something to me dad along the lines of "Ronaldo would get in here and bag one, is Naismith better than Ronaldo?" (all in jest of course)

He scored then ran over to me...and i seen it in his eyes, he was saying...."AYE, aye son!!"

Hahaha! That's ace!

I know this wont got down to well but I feel Distin has to come in for either Stones or Jags ( Jags for me ) Jags looked so uncomfortable on the left side of the defence and as someone else said his distribution is utter gash< as for McGreedy utter tosh, one good thing is followed by a load poo imho I'd have Pienaar any day of the week.
Clean sheet against WBA, freekick against us last night. Why change it?

As for those saying 27 shots etc etc, how many of those were wasteful shots? Stats don't always tell the full story. It's close to the "we won the passing" argument, you can pass 1000 times, or shoot from daft angles/range all night for all i care.

We took our chances, they didn't, along with Tim the beast.

An i've read 2 or 3 people saying "if they had a decent striker, they would've battered us" They had Olic!

Everton are the best, stop being negative, we're winning the league, EL, Ryder cup and superbowl! Stick your money on it

My gripe from last night,

Why oh why, when 3 up and game won did we not make subs? (the correct subs at that).

We have a game on Sunday, Mccarthy was limping, so he takes Naismith off for Gibson, Mcgeady was struggling so he takes Coleman off for Osman the he takes Rom off for Eto'o

Surely this was a good time to give Besic and Atsu some game time as well as resting players and giving Mccarthy time to recover.

Even Moyes would have played better subs last night.

Excellent start that, I'm delighed with the result. I agree with what other people have said, we were in total control throughout the game and could definitley have stepped it up a gear or two in necessary.

Saying that, I thought we were very fortunate to be 2-0 up at half time, as I thought Wolfsburg were really good, they chased everything down, didn't give us a lot of time on the ball and kept applying pressure. I think the away game against them will be really tough.

I thought Stones was excellent, and I don't want him to move out of that starting 11 now. Jagielka defended well, but was quite shakey with his passing which led to a few nervous moments. Howard had a fantastic game. Can you imagine what would have happened if we had chosen to play Robles in this game? Could have been a disaster!

I was dissapointed with Lukaku, he doesn't look sharp to me, whether that's because he's not 100% with his fitness or he is just being a bit lazy. I thought that Eto'o did much more in the short space of time he was on than Lukaku did. I still can't believe that Eto'o plays for us. Ubelievable signing that.

Naismith was great again, and I cannot understand people who say he didn't have a good game. He is never gonna be a flair player like Mirrallas who effortlessly breezes past players, but his movement, work ethic and simple passes create great some great chances for us in the final third.

I'm still on the fence with McGeady, think he has to improve if he wants to keep that place when Pienaar is back. He blows hot and cold in my opinion.

All in all, it's hard not to be made up with a comfortable win against very decent opposition!

Clean sheet against WBA, freekick against us last night. Why change it?

As for those saying 27 shots etc etc, how many of those were wasteful shots? Stats don't always tell the full story. It's close to the "we won the passing" argument, you can pass 1000 times, or shoot from daft angles/range all night for all i care.

We took our chances, they didn't, along with Tim the beast.

An i've read 2 or 3 people saying "if they had a decent striker, they would've battered us" They had Olic!

Everton are the best, stop being negative, we're winning the league, EL, Ryder cup and superbowl! Stick your money on it

Totally agree.

The stats do say they had a lot of shots, but how many were from a gazillion yards out? And how many were blocked?

I was frustrated with the subs, but there again Wolfsburg were all over us and the wrong subs could have gifted them a goal and put us right up against it fighting to salvage a draw. Think McCarthy could have been subbed though, he was brilliant and we need to keep him as fresh as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.