• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,259 92.3%

• Total voters
82f0451a-d106-4d3a-b89a-28d19fc8bdd3_text.gif

Hes got loads of his own money.

He just hasnt and probably never will put any of it into
I just find it odd that the money ran dry as soon as Usmov was banished. Borrowing money from those with less than he has himself. Surely complete the stadium and then sell. The desperate way he’s trying to offload the club suggests he needs the money.

I just find it odd that the money ran dry as soon as Usmov was banished. Borrowing money from those with less than he has himself. Surely complete the stadium and then sell. The desperate way he’s trying to offload the club suggests he needs the money.
I think “the sanctions worked” is the easiest answer as to why the cash stopped flowing.

Its not really odd to me.

The money was clearly all Usmanov, his source of funding dried up and he didnt want to waste any of his own money on an already terrible investment.

Not to defend the fella.

But without the war in Ukraine, things are a lot less Nuclear atm.
Nah mate, the big problem is that he thought he could build a new stadium on the river, at a cost of nearly a billion and chose to rely on his dodgy fat mate to fund it rather then get a structured finance plan in place, day one. End result of this incompetence, he has several loans at usurious interest rates trying to finance then end of the build and those loans are pushing the club towards liquidation. Sir Farhad my arse, either a gangster or thickest financially inept billionaire accountant in history.

Nah mate, the big problem is that he thought he could build a new stadium on the river, at a cost of nearly a billion and chose to rely on his dodgy fat mate to fund it rather then get a structured finance plan in place, day one. End result of this incompetence, he has several loans at usurious interest rates trying to finance then end of the build and those loans are pushing the club towards liquidation. Sir Farhad my arse, either a gangster or thickest financially inept billionaire accountant in history.
Again, not to defend him.

But in his time at Arsenal he was very critical of their decision to get loans to build the Stadium when he said if they asked he would have funded it.

So if he turned around and got loans at Everton he would have been a massive hypocrite.

Im not defending him at all, just to clarify, but the war in Ukraine honestly destroyed all his plans.

A clever man has a back up and he probably knew it was coming before most, but its a factor, a minor 1, but a factor all the same.

Again, not to defend him.

But in his time at Arsenal he was very critical of their decision to get loans to build the Stadium when he said if they asked he would have funded it.

So if he turned around and got loans at Everton he would have been a massive hypocrite.

Im not defending him at all, just to clarify, but the war in Ukraine honestly destroyed all his plans.

A clever man has a back up and he probably knew it was coming before most, but its a factor, a minor 1, but a factor all the same.
He said he'd fund our stadium too, easily said, but, when push came to shove, he didn't/couldn't.