Fans booed and wanted Howard Kendall sacked in Jan 83/84

Status
Not open for further replies.
The motivation side is the worrying part

The heat will be turned up on him now with the media finally printing what many blues think about his approach

He has been ruthlessly exposed this season that's for sure.

Time to get Big Joe in to patch things over until the end of the season - probably with the EL and FA cup as collateral damage too

Proper laughing at people consistently posting Martinez needs to change his tactics, get back to basics and the like

He won't ever ever change his approach, this is it, every game the same with him pulling players out of position and insisting on playing people well past there best, the mans as stubborn as a mule and has a footballing brain like one
His philosophy is simply one of passing and moving. ie what a top team do. We don't want him to change that, we just want him to get the players playing that way or replace the ones that can't.

I'm not desperate enough to go back to a Moyes like manager.

The motivation is this and the tactics are that ... do any of you seriously believe he sends out a team, stupidly set out to lose? Really?

His philosophy is simply one of passing and moving. ie what a top team do. We don't want him to change that, we just want him to get the players playing that way or replace the ones that can't.

There is no movement, we struggle to defend, press, create chances and are dominated by team's like Sunderland and Newcastle

Every man and his dog has come out and told the world how to beat Everton, press from the front and wait for our tippy tappy football to come undone at the back

Also I wouldn't trust him with any more money, his transfers have been poor

The motivation is this and the tactics are that ... do any of you seriously believe he sends out a team, stupidly set out to lose? Really?

Of course not

He sends a team out to play a certain way way and it doesn't work, does he alter the way we play? Nope

Get out of it.

For whatever depressing reason the fans decided that we have an enormously gifted squad and the Martinez is wholly responsible for their failure to gift them great results.

Grow up. They are mediocre. What you see is what you get.

Of course Kenwright will sack him if this ennui continues.

The club is going into steep decline and the latter day Cushion Chuckers at Goodison are going to make their feelings known in even greater volume in the coming weeks unless things improve rapidly.

If the unthinkable were to happen and we are relegated, Martinez will not be at the helm, don't worry about that.

Bill will have rolled the dice in a desperate attempt to stave it of with at least six games to go.

As ever.....all IMO :)

I hear that St Lukes on the corner has already ordered the new sign.

1st Church of the Latter Day Cushion Chuckers

and are now, even as I type, busy getting the dates of birth of everybody who has ever gone through the the Goodison turnstiles and thus paid money into the Club.

Have searched all through the 'K's and can't find the name of William Lovington Boys-pen Hickson Kenwright anywhwere...strange that.

I get what the post is saying. We backed Kendall and everything turned out ok. However it could also be said we backed Walter Smith, or Mike Walker and nearly went down. Has we have stuck with Royle in 97 would we have survived?

Sticking with managers because Kendall turned it around is not enough of a reason to do so. I am in favour of keeping Martinez but not because of what happened with Kendall. I just think he deserves a season of transition and I do think there are some mitigating factors. That support isn’t indefinite though.

Me neither.

we need the Goldilocks of Managers.
We've had one who couldn't attack and one who couldn't defend.
what we need is one that's just right.

Passing and Moving

The Stradivarius and Picasso of football

Except our Stradivarius can't paint
and our Picasso can't make Violins

There is no movement, we struggle to defend, press, create chances and are dominated by team's like Sunderland and Newcastle

Every man and his dog has come out and told the world how to beat Everton, press from the front and wait for our tippy tappy football to come undone at the back

Also I wouldn't trust him with any more money, his transfers have been poor
We weren't dominated by Sunderland. He needs to change some of the players and needs to bring in others but given the age of Moyes' team we probably shouldn't be too surprised this is a transitional season.

We need to allow him to complete the transition.

We weren't dominated by Sunderland. He needs to change some of the players and needs to bring in others but given the age of Moyes' team we probably shouldn't be too surprised this is a transitional season.

We need to allow him to complete the transition.

Just like listening to Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.