Fans booed and wanted Howard Kendall sacked in Jan 83/84

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThebanksoftheBramleyMoore

Player Valuation: £2.5m

Watch from 2:45 on wards, Everton were 18th sitting on 28 points after 23 games just 8 months before our treble winning season began.

"We couldn't score goals, we weren't winning games, confidence was very low and we had a young side who weren't looking forward to playing especially at Goodison Park" Howard Kendall

Imagine if Phillip carter shared the view of many fans and sacked Kendall, Kopites probably would have had 2 more titles in their cabinet.

"I have brought Howard Kendall to this club on the basis that I thought he was a young man with tremendous potential" Phillip Carter

Story sound familiar ?

Last edited:
To be fair mate Man United fans were saying the same thing last season about Moyes and the early years of Sir Alex but they did what they had to do. We also said them same about Moyes at times, and stuck by him just like we did Howard, only this time unlike like 84 we won nowt.

I can see your point, but there is no way Kenwright will sack him anyway, if anything someone might come in for him, but he is going nowhere and im sure most Everton want him to sort it out rather than start again from scratch.

I always felt we should have stuck with Mike Walker.

Sure, we were into November and hadn't won a game and the team was playing crap and sitting bottom of the table but so what?

You have to stand by your man and give him all the time he needs to turn it round.

The board should never have listened to the booing of the fans and left Mike at the helm.

He would most likely have turned it round and won the European Cup.

:pint2:

To be fair mate Man United fans were saying the same thing last season about Moyes and the early years of Sir Alex but they did what they had to do. We also said them same about Moyes at times, and stuck by him just like we did Howard, only this time unlike like 84 we won nowt.

I can see your point, but there is no way Kenwright will sack him anyway, if anything someone might come in for him, but he is going nowhere and im sure most Everton want him to sort it out rather than start again from scratch.

Of course Kenwright will sack him if this ennui continues.

The club is going into steep decline and the latter day Cushion Chuckers at Goodison are going to make their feelings known in even greater volume in the coming weeks unless things improve rapidly.

If the unthinkable were to happen and we are relegated, Martinez will not be at the helm, don't worry about that.

Bill will have rolled the dice in a desperate attempt to stave it of with at least six games to go.

As ever.....all IMO :)

I always felt we should have stuck with Mike Walker.

Sure, we were into November and hadn't won a game and the team was playing crap and sitting bottom of the table but so what?

You have to stand by your man and give him all the time he needs to turn it round.

The board should never have listened to the booing of the fans and left Mike at the helm.

He would most likely have turned it round and won the European Cup.

:pint2:

It's a question of judgment, isn't it?

Glad I'm not Kenwright.

Status
Not open for further replies.