• West Ham

Votes: 13 6.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 34 17.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he came in studs up I wouldn't have had a problem with a red and 3 matches, but he didn't. Defo 50/50 ball and there was contact, the yellow was fair.

His booking wasn't for the tackle but had to have been for the squaring up that happened after, as the referee awarded a throw in not a free kick

And as for Hibbert playing decently yesterday, i suppose he did and i'm not blaming him at all, but seeing a one footed Rb playing Lb was horrible and killed any attacking threat we might have had down that side as he constantly turned back inside to pass the ball back to the CB's. He was also far too narrow in the 1st half especially, which often left Ross/Mirallas with 2 to mark out wide. This might not have been so obvious on tv but was very noticable at the game. Anyhow, i put the blame on Martinez not Hibbert

In an ideal world these posts would be correct. However, we don't live in an ideal world, and football the 'nicest' team doesn't always win. Sadly.

Oh yeah we're a hardworking team. And that's got us literally no silverware for effing years.

Every trophy winning team has this element of snide in it and we need it.

And the same goes for McCarthy's tackle.

I'm sure if he dived to win us an important peno then you'd be fine with it.

I know I would.

So bored of us being a team that doesn't take advantage of refs. Feels like every other team does it but we're too nice. And have been for years.

Saying we're above diving is so arrogant it's unreal.

In an ideal world these posts would be correct. However, we don't live in an ideal world, and football the 'nicest' team doesn't always win. Sadly.

Oh yeah we're a hardworking team. And that's got us literally no silverware for effing years.

Every trophy winning team has this element of snide in it and we need it.

And the same goes for McCarthy's tackle.

I'm sure if he dived to win us an important peno then you'd be fine with it.

I know I would.

So bored of us being a team that doesn't take advantage of refs. Feels like every other team does it but we're too nice. And have been for years.

Saying we're above diving is so arrogant it's unreal.

an element of snide??
maybe
too much snide is kopite
where do you draw the line
you can't have an 'element of dive' you can't do 'half dive' but not too much mind
diving is too much like being a cheating bell

those who know etc etc

#praysforijjyslackofmoralcompass.

an element of snide??
maybe
too much snide is kopite
where do you draw the line
you can't have an 'element of dive' you can't do 'half dive' but not too much mind
diving is too much like being a cheating bell

those who know etc etc

#praysforijjyslackofmoralcompass.

Haha. I fully appreciate how very shallow I sound with my views on diving.

Is it wrong? Very much so.

Should we do it to gain advantage? Hell yes.

It has a place and that's to keep the opp wary on marking you close and that's something they want to do with Ross all the time because you don't want to give him space. He needs to watch the Dutch master...

771861-1d283490-fbab-11e3-85eb-f305a31fe088.jpg

Diving is part of the game, accept it.

Drawing the tackle is part of the game.
We've had some players do it brilliantly- for several seasons Pienaar was the most fouled player in the league. Arteta before him.
Barkley dived. There was ZERO contact. There's nothing laudable about that. It is most definitely not part of the game. Don't accept it.

This is the conclusion I have come to.

It ain't going to stop so just get on with it.

My two cents on Ross yesterday.....what a daft place to dive and make a total bell of yourself.

If you're going to do it, do it where any resultant free kick is in a dangerous position.....or where it might win a penno.

As it was, he might have been able to inflict some damage on them by staying on his feet.....but that always seems the case to me anyway when a player dives.

And yesterday's incident only served to motivate Hammers.....the sense of injustice seemed to drive them on.

How things change on this forum. People were outraged by such things while the Reds had Suarez.

How things change on this forum. People were outraged by such things while the Reds had Suarez.

Yep it's a real gripe of mine and I'm the first to call out any tit for them diving and their fans defending it. I can't stand it, Barkley made himself look like a tit for doing it. We just shouldn't do it regardless if others do, we don't support others, we support Everton and expect victories and getting decisions gained from fair play. Well that's what I think on the matter, It just doesn't sit well with me seeing an Everton player dive.

Status
Not open for further replies.