• West Ham

Votes: 13 6.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 34 17.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
and the wingers can't say they had zero help for hibbert in attack?

attack is the best form of defence they say, hibbert's inability to go past the half way line invited west ham to mount multiple attacks down their right side. i like hibbert, but he's not what we need. garbutt, from what i've seen and read is every bit in the same mould as baines. hibbert is the polar opposite and the same goes for when he's replacing coleman. we need like for like backups.
Of course it would be great if we had a left back that could slot in for bainsy, the manager obviously didn't fancy Garbutt for this one. The reason west ham had multiple attacks down his side in the first half was because Jenkinson the wingback was not being tracked by first barkley and then they switched wings and mirallas stood and watched him run pass him. What good would hibbo do by pushing on ? we would have no at the back on the left side.

Big Sam tries to copy Roberto.....doesn't work.......

Allardyce-Martinez.jpg

I do tbh. Would hate a culture of us diving and crowding the ref, etc. I get that there may be times when we may want to go to ground in the box when you could stay on your feet or go down a little easily ala Naismith, but straight out deception and dissimulation and trying to fool the ref, that is honestly disrespecting the whole game and taking the p*ss out of everyone. Horrible behavior.

I do, that's not what we're about we're a hard working honest team.

We're the first ones to call the [Poor language removed]'s cheats when their players do it, we're no better if our players do it.

well you should and not just because he should've made a better job of it.

In an ideal world these posts would be correct. However, we don't live in an ideal world, and football the 'nicest' team doesn't always win. Sadly.

Oh yeah we're a hardworking team. And that's got us literally no silverware for effing years.

Every trophy winning team has this element of snide in it and we need it.

And the same goes for McCarthy's tackle.

Re Barkley's dive : not in an Everton shirt please Ross, it is below you...and us

I'm sure if he dived to win us an important peno then you'd be fine with it.

I know I would.

So bored of us being a team that doesn't take advantage of refs. Feels like every other team does it but we're too nice. And have been for years.

Saying we're above diving is so arrogant it's unreal.

MOTD; "Everton make changes, West Ham are without . .etc"
Made a huge issue of the Barkley dive
Naismith "not much of an angle to work with, he nearly got lucky" FFS, it was the goalie who got lucky, deflected off his ankle and could have gone anywhere
Lukakus goal is all about deflection and offside
McCarthy tackle "scissor action and studs were high" ??? His studs touched the ball and even Fat Sam was gracious enough to say his momentum took him through; he had nowhere else to go
Tompkins jumps up and pushes Kev, Kev pushes him back "Kevin Mirallas will get the red card here" No bias there eh Beeb?
Praises Clattenburg for allowing play on but doesn't even mention Collins should have been red carded
BBC = blatantly biased [Poor language removed]

I stopped watching Motd years ago. Its all about Goals on Sunday.

In an ideal world these posts would be correct. However, we don't live in an ideal world, and football the 'nicest' team doesn't always win. Sadly.

Oh yeah we're a hardworking team. And that's got us literally no silverware for effing years.

I know I would.

So bored of us being a team that doesn't take advantage of refs. Feels like every other team does it but we're too nice. And have been for years.

As the saying goes, nice guys finish 5th....

Diving is part of the game, accept it.

This is the conclusion I have come to.

It ain't going to stop so just get on with it.

My two cents on Ross yesterday.....what a daft place to dive and make a total bell of yourself.

If you're going to do it, do it where any resultant free kick is in a dangerous position.....or where it might win a penno.

As it was, he might have been able to inflict some damage on them by staying on his feet.....but that always seems the case to me anyway when a player dives.

And yesterday's incident only served to motivate Hammers.....the sense of injustice seemed to drive them on.

I know I would.

As you see, diving won't guarantee us any trophies mate.

McCarthy's tackle was fine as far as I'm concerned.

As for winning important penalties by diving, If it's against the rs I'll buzz on the karmic aspect of it in the same way I'd piss myself if England ever scored a vital goal against Argentina with a blatant handball.

However, in general, I'd honestly feel no satisfaction winning stuff by cheating. I know you don't agree and may not even believe me but that's the way I feel.

Great result yesterday. Yes West Ham had their best player out but we're the same atm. They reverted back to their kick in and wind up pub style yesterday and that wound our players up. It was a tough, entertaining game but we got the win and that's what\s important.

Howard - 7 - Made a few terrific saves from and was assured all day. Couldn't do anything for the goal.
Coleman - 6 - Looked like he was coming back to fitness yesterday. Kept Cresswell quiet though West Ham did a lot of attacking down the right.
Jagielka - 7 - Marshalled the defence well - unlucky for the deflection.
Distin - 6 - Solid but I don't think he won a header all day!
Hibbert - 6 - Did his job perfectly well. They attacked down that side all game and he did well out of position.
McCarthy - 8 - Immense again. Probably could've seen red but would've been a harsh decision.
Osman - 7 - Had a really good game. Cool finish for the winner. Well done Ossie.
Mirallas - 6 - Did well considering that's his first game back. Will give us a real boost.
Naismith - 6 - Linked play well - missed a good chance in the first half but was involved in both goals. Hopefully he just misses Wolfsburg.
Barkley - 6 - Got involved more than he has done in recent games. Popped up in the No.10 pos. a few times and we scored the 1st due to that.
Lukaku - 7 - Yes it was offside and we got the rub of the green - but his first touch and finish were both superb. Also did really well for the 2nd goal.

Eto'o - 7 - Fantastic when he came on. Calmed us down and held the ball up. Unlucky not to score.
Besic - 6 - Kept things ticking over when Barks was been passed by in midfield. Expect him to start on Thursday.
Atsu - N/A

Martinez - 7 - Good team selection and subbed the right players at the right time.

As you see, diving won't guarantee us any trophies mate.

McCarthy's tackle was fine as far as I'm concerned.

As for winning important penalties by diving, If it's against the rs I'll buzz on the karmic aspect of it in the same way I'd piss myself if England ever scored a vital goal against Argentina with a blatant handball.

However, in general, I'd honestly feel no satisfaction winning stuff by cheating. I know you don't agree and may not even believe me but that's the way I feel.

Ah I know mate. And I'm honestly not saying that diving is a good thing. It's obviously not.

But it's part of the game. Sadly.

Ah I know mate. And I'm honestly not saying that diving is a good thing. It's obviously not.

But it's part of the game. Sadly.
True mate and It's not as new to English football as some would have us believe. I can remember singing 'One team of divers' in the late 70s at GP.

Status
Not open for further replies.