• West Ham

Votes: 13 6.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 34 17.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A thought on the "dive" by Ross yesterday. Just watched MOTD 2 and it strikes me that rather than it being a "dive" he just lost balance and fell. He didn't roll over with his arm in the air, crying in agony a la Suarez, but got up straight away and carried on running until the ref blew his whistle. Maybe he is a smarter actor than Suarez, who knows? But the commentators certainly got a bit carried away at the time.

Again on MOTD 2 the short "hi-lights" of the game showed the Kevin Miralles incident where he gets shoved by the WH player and shoves back (the WH player theatrically going down holding his face). Why does the commentator immediately decide that it must be a red card for Miralles? It wouldn't be for a foul (the ref gave a throw in if I remember rightly) and it was the WH player who sterted the shoving. Maybe there is a case for TV (and radio for that matter) commentators to get some qualifications in the art of unbiased commentary before they are let loose on the general public? rant over. Goodnight and thank you for your patience :bye:

How things change on this forum. People were outraged by such things while the Reds had Suarez.
Yes, but Suarez went down with his face screwed up in agony. I think that's what irritated me most about the dirty cheat. I've never seen Ross do it before but Suarez did it several times a match.

I'm not defending Barkley, though. I hope he cuts it out.

Great result but we were lucky.
Another day we could have had 2 sent off even though Tompkins was embarrassing.
Rom was offside as well.
We need to start playing again because we were poor.
Well done Osman best game of the season for him and another plus for me was distin he was solid at the back.
Hibbert got ripped but not his fault he should never have been picked.

A thought on the "dive" by Ross yesterday. Just watched MOTD 2 and it strikes me that rather than it being a "dive" he just lost balance and fell. He didn't roll over with his arm in the air, crying in agony a la Suarez, but got up straight away and carried on running until the ref blew his whistle. Maybe he is a smarter actor than Suarez, who knows? But the commentators certainly got a bit carried away at the time.

I am glad that it is not just me who thought that.
It appeared to me that Ross lost his balance and fell. He made no appeal for a foul and he appeared as surprised as anyone when the whistle went.
I have watched the incident numerous times now and I am convinced that this is not just wishful thinking on my part.
I detest diving and would hate to think that it was an attempt to cheat.
I honestly believe that there was NO deliberate attempt to con the ref.

If he came in studs up I wouldn't have had a problem with a red and 3 matches, but he didn't. Defo 50/50 ball and there was contact, the yellow was fair.

About that yellow card, if he was booked for the tackle why did the ref only give a throw in and not a free kick, by giving a throw in he's admitting it was a fair tackle so should not of booked him.

That's what I thought too, but i only saw it once so can't be sure. But I'm pretty sure he got up straight away and chased the ball rather than appealing for a foul. CBA looking through thread for GIF to prove either way either.

2367F74800000578-0-image-18_1416762167589.jpg

The more I watch it the more I think the same thing.

He bounced straight back up and tried to get the ball.

If it had been a dive surely he would have stayed down.

Noticed on the MotD highlights that both McCarthy and Mirallas crunched the same fella, Amalfitano. To me, both tackles seemed like deliberate "reducers" which got me to wondering if Amalfitano had been dishing the rough stuff out to anyone earlier in the game - did anyone see anything that might have prompted either of our lads to take him out?

And what's the wording of the advantage rule? For our second, Clattenburg came back after awarding the goal and then booked Collins, presumably for his hacking down Lukaku. As he was the last man, why didn't Collins get a straight red? Is it because we went on to score anyway?

And what's the wording of the advantage rule? For our second, Clattenburg came back after awarding the goal and then booked Collins, presumably for his hacking down Lukaku. As he was the last man, why didn't Collins get a straight red? Is it because we went on to score anyway?

The yellow card for Collins was obviously for the tackle on Lukaku, and I think that Clat decided that a defender a few yards to Collins' right would have got to Lukaku before he was able to get a shot on goal. BUT, given the nature of the tackle: thigh/waist high and clearly a premeditated act to bring him down, I think that should have been a straight red. It would have been interesting, however, if Eto'o had not been on hand to continue the move and create the goal for Osman; what card would Clat have then shown to Collins...? We shall never know.

Noticed on the MotD highlights that both McCarthy and Mirallas crunched the same fella, Amalfitano. To me, both tackles seemed like deliberate "reducers" which got me to wondering if Amalfitano had been dishing the rough stuff out to anyone earlier in the game - did anyone see anything that might have prompted either of our lads to take him out?

Lukaku was quite a distance from goal and there was a covering man.

Status
Not open for further replies.