Everton v Villareal 5th aug 19:45 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Revenge? Let's wait till we meet in the champs league qualifier again and the best referee in the world costs them a lucrative place in the group stages. We'll never get revenge really, especially not in a pre season friendly. Plus, it's collina I want revenge against not these walking bananas

I don't hold any ill will towards Villareal. It was hardly their fault.

They were knobs mate. I remember the comments there goalie made about us after the match aswell. I actually hate them and consider them a rival.

I don't remember that to be fair, but as a whole all I'm saying is the fault lies with the referee and/or UEFA depending on your theory. Villareal didn't break any rules. They got lucky, but that's it.

I like your lineup. Based on history, long are the odds of Bily being played in the middle or behind the front man.

Yeah, but he needs time and i'm allowed to dream :D

More likely that he'll start on the left instead of gueye with Cahill in the middle, like.

And re: Villareal. Stop being pissy, looking angry in a friendly is a ridiculous, and contraproductive, thing.

I don't remember that to be fair, but as a whole all I'm saying is the fault lies with the referee and/or UEFA depending on your theory. Villareal didn't break any rules. They got lucky, but that's it.

Yeah, I hate them for it. The greasy bastards. I literally hate them and want them to loose every week.

Yeah, I hate them for it. The greasy bastards. I literally hate them and want them to loose every week.

ANGER.jpg

If Villareal don't make you fume and want to lay the smackdown on your own mother then you're clearly a kopite.

A few words about Villarreal.

A few days ago at annual "Trofeo Ceramica" match they won in impressive fashion against Lazio 3:1. Goals were scored by Rossi, Cani and Wakaso Mubarak (with a piledriver from around 25 yrds)

Villarreal started the game with: Diego Lopez, Mario, Zapata, Musacchio, Oriol; Senna, Bruno; Borja Valero, Cani; Marco Ruben, Rossi. With Cesar, Gonzalo, Wakaso, Marchena, Camuna and Nilmar (plus some anonymous youngsters) getting some playing time in 2nd half. I expect that they will start with the same line-up against Everton, maybe Nilmar will replace Ruben, but we'll see.

Watching Villarreal will be interesting for all fans at GP, as they are playing very attacking minded football, without any wingers involved. Their style is closer to 4-2-2-2, with two attacking midfielders behind forwards (but playing as wide midfielders when defending), forwards aften going wide pulling their markers out of position, and full backs providing width in build up play.

They usually play very high defensive line, which should fit very well for Beckford and it would help if he had someone other than Cahill playing behind him. Zapata signed from Udinese (for only 7m euro) should be a big improvement for them regarding speed in backline, as well as dealing with crosses (from open play and set pieces), which is other Villarreal's weakness.

Everybody knows about Giuseppe Rossi, but player who makes them tick is Borja Valero. He was a disappointment in West Bromwich, which is still a surprise for me, as he looks as a good fit for Premier League, but season after he was great at Mallorca and last season he was even better for Villarreal. After Cazorla departure (he isn't replaced yet, Angel Lafita, Gio Dos Santos and Jonathan de Guzman are the most serious candidates) it's Borja who is their go to guy in the midfield - and it doesn't matter for him, if he's playing as one of the two pivotes, or as one of the two "interiores" (wingers which are not wingers).

One more thing - despite their season starting in a few weeks they were looking very well regarding physical aspects in their match against Lazio. They have Champions League qualifiers against Odense soon, so they are well prepared. Last summer they went to White Hart Lane and they totally outplayed Tottenham in friendly, winning 3:2 or 4:2 (not sure).

You can read more about Villarreal tactic here - http://santapelota.blogspot.com/2010/09/villarreals-south-american-european.html

Last edited:

I've got the fear about tonight, maybe it's because it'll be the first game I've watched this season.

sweaty palms, sweaty palms

COME ON EBEPTON

Status
Not open for further replies.