Everton v Villareal 5th aug 19:45 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was far from ****e mate. His game suffered when Coleman went off, as did the teams.

A couple of dodgy touches aside, he looked decent in the first half with Felli and Ross.

He looked decent because of them. If you catch my drift.

In my opinion he was ****e, a complete shadow. He went missing for long periods and when he did have the chance to make a run or prove his worth he didn't come up with the goods.

Now i'm not saying he is crap, because he clearly isn't. His problem seems to all be in his head.

He looked decent because of them. If you catch my drift.

In my opinion he was ****e, a complete shadow. He went missing for long periods and when he did have the chance to make a run or prove his worth he didn't come up with the goods.

Now i'm not saying he is crap, because he clearly isn't. His problem seems to all be in his head.

I've said it before, he always seems to play within himself. Early on yesterday he tried to impose himself on the game with a couple of hearty challenges and got into some decent moves with the team. He seemed to fade as the game went on and chased shadows, but to be fair a lot of our team did.

If he can get a few decent games and build his confidence, we will be able to see him back to the potential he has shown. With confidence, he can take the game by the scruff of the neck - whatever position he ends up playing.

The good thing is that usually when we are shoite in pre-season it means we are ace in proper season ala 04/05, 06/07 and 07/08 bad pre-seasons those.

I think thats strategy no 1 with a view to next weeks away day at Spurs aiming for an away draw to kick things of, i agree though its worrying facing into the season with any new creative impetues - cant see it untill the start of Sep myself.

It seems like Moyes 'hopes' that we'll somehow score, rather than having specific plans in place for how we can take advantage of the opposition's weaknesses. Unless we start taking the initiative, we're waiting for the other side to break us down and we have nothing to come back at them with.

Status
Not open for further replies.