• Swansea

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • Draw mate

Votes: 25 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think they have some very good solid players.
Bony, fernandez, dyer, sigurdsson, ki, williams, shelvey all have the ability to cause us problems one way or another.
Id take a scrappy 1-0 with rom getting his 5th of the season

Swansea have a terrible record against Everton. I expect that to continue today. They move the ball around nicely, but we've tightened up a hell of a lot at the back since we lost in the LC to them and that'll be the decisive factor today.

2-0 Everton.

Great preview Az-usual Chico....tough, tough game this but primed to be a beautiful game of technical wonderment.

Made for every strikers favourite wingman ( not wing man you fools), the biere blonde of Glasgow super Steven Naismith to settle this tidy encounter with a winning goal late on after a pulsating 2-2 of a game....like the tireless terrier finally getting free from the badgers lair.

The Swansea fans like your preview too

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 215

....I just want us to play more in the top 1/3rd. At times we pass like the Harlem Globetrotters and when we do that higher up the pitch we will cause any team problems.

Don't reckon we can play two up top against these lot. Need to have some width as their wingers have been doing well for them and will need cover for our fullbacks. I'd say McGeady and Pienaar will start with Naisy or Ross behind Lukaku

We cant have another game with Coleman penned in his own half like last week. Whoever plays in front of him has to stay there and work in tandem with him. Last week was like watching the bad old Moyes days with everything coming down one flank.

Thinking about the way we play a lot lately, and I can't quite work out why we do what we do. Whenever we go forward with intent, we're almost always able to cut teams open and score. So why then, after going ahead, do we drop deeper, pass the ball around midfield and defence for the sake of it and not even try to score. You've got a one goal lead which is iffy at best, and we invite teams on, but never even bother to counter attack them.

It must be an instruction from Bobby to keep possession and frustrate the opposition, but the more needless touches people have the more likely they are to make a mistake (see Lukaku last week). It's also not very entertaining. We never look as though we're going to tonk a team 5-0.

Then in the last 5 or so minutes + stoppage time we do go forward with an added impetus again, its a regular pattern emerging every single game, and those last 5-10 are dead entertaining. I don't fully understand the logic behind this way of playing, but I don't like the way we invite pressure on ourselves. Why not just play like we do when its 0-0 and try to break teams down, if you're 2 or 3 up you've won it comfortably, no need to pointlessly pass the opposition to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.