• Swansea

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • Draw mate

Votes: 25 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The most interesting parts of the game was the cat darting about the park end, and the two fellas infront nearly having a fight.

What i don't get is, we never do well off corners..yet the other week we did short ones (everyone sighed, which annoys the hell out of me) and we scored!

Why aren't we doing more short ones?

An why do people sigh and moan when we do a short one? 99% of our long ones either go to the first man, or they end up counter attacking off it.

SHORT CORNERS ALL THE WAY

The most interesting parts of the game was the cat darting about the park end, and the two fellas infront nearly having a fight.

What i don't get is, we never do well off corners..yet the other week we did short ones (everyone sighed, which annoys the hell out of me) and we scored!

Why aren't we doing more short ones?

An why do people sigh and moan when we do a short one? 99% of our long ones either go to the first man, or they end up counter attacking off it.

SHORT CORNERS ALL THE WAY
To be fair I don't think anyone moans when we take a short corner, only if there then follows a series of other short passes that take us nowhere.

To be fair I don't think anyone moans when we take a short corner, only if there then follows a series of other short passes that take us nowhere.
You're joking, as soon as we do a short corner the whole ground lets out a collective sigh. Irrational hatred, but it REALLY annoys me. You'd swear our usual corners were boss

You're joking, as soon as we do a short corner the whole ground lets out a collective sigh. Irrational hatred, but it REALLY annoys me. You'd swear our usual corners were boss
You must sit in a different area from me. Or maybe I'm just not particularly observant. I'll take more note on Thursday.

You must sit in a different area from me. Or maybe I'm just not particularly observant. I'll take more note on Thursday.
I'm a big fan of short corners, i constantly bore me dad with the stats about corners haha, so trust me, listen out for it on thursday if we do one. The whole place lets out a collective sigh. Sadly i sigh alone when we do a long corner [/deep]

Short or long, I'm not that bothered. But if it's going short there has to be something more to follow than simply passing it around with no apparent objective. And if it's going long then let's make it a quality delivery AND some real conviction in trying to get on the end of it.

Not direct from corners (only 1 last season, and none this).
Is that direct in the sense that it goes straight in from a header or that we score within a certain period of time, or before the ball enters our half, or they have possession.

I'm pretty sure I heard it right but who knows. I'm just curious.

Is that direct in the sense that it goes straight in from a header or that we score within a certain period of time, or before the ball enters our half, or they have possession.

I'm pretty sure I heard it right but who knows. I'm just curious.
Direct.

I'm pretty sure I've seen short corners that somehow make it back too Howard ffs. THAT infuriates me. Counters too, they stop at the 18 yard box, turn it around and 4-5 passes later Howard is punting it upfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.