Everton v Stoke City. Saturday 30th October @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS. The problem I have with our injuries is, they always seem to be innocuous at the time, yet the players end up being out for 3 weeks.

stoke fan in peace :)
got huge amounts of respect for your team
and i just thought i would offer a stoke anaylsis of our thoughts:
some of you have said on here this will be a tight game and to be honest i don't expect much different stoke are harrassed in the media for being a horrible team but there is a lot more to stoke than that. our main threat is now from the wings, in pennant and etherington, who wil send crosses into the head of jones all game if you can stop the wingers you pratically stop stoke
and somebody on here said they watched stoke on sunday and we were poor and yes we were but we were playing man utd and we nearlly took a point
right now any stoke fan would take a point but i personally think you will win (i hope im wrong) but regardless of the score i wish you good luck in the season and i personally hope you get into the top four because, you are probably the only premier league team (apart from stoke) i like
by the way is arteta playing on saturday?

stoke fan in peace :)
got huge amounts of respect for your team
and i just thought i would offer a stoke anaylsis of our thoughts:
some of you have said on here this will be a tight game and to be honest i don't expect much different stoke are harrassed in the media for being a horrible team but there is a lot more to stoke than that. our main threat is now from the wings, in pennant and etherington, who wil send crosses into the head of jones all game if you can stop the wingers you pratically stop stoke
and somebody on here said they watched stoke on sunday and we were poor and yes we were but we were playing man utd and we nearlly took a point
right now any stoke fan would take a point but i personally think you will win (i hope im wrong) but regardless of the score i wish you good luck in the season and i personally hope you get into the top four because, you are probably the only premier league team (apart from stoke) i like
by the way is arteta playing on saturday?

Welcome mate.

I dislike all the hate Stoke get, because they played to their strengths to stay in the league, and now they've bought wide players and players who will play it on the ground, and are playing good stuff. The Delap long throw is of course something no one likes, but I can't say we wouldn't do the same if we had someone who could throw like that -- and I doubt any team could really say they wouldn't do it.

Anyway, it will be a tight game and I don't have the faith in Everton to say we'll get all 3 points. We're at home, and we have enough guile to win, but this is the kind of game we usually drop points in. It will be tight, either way.

And yes, Mikky should be back.

Welcome mate.

I dislike all the hate Stoke get, because they played to their strengths to stay in the league, and now they've bought wide players and players who will play it on the ground, and are playing good stuff. The Delap long throw is of course something no one likes, but I can't say we wouldn't do the same if we had someone who could throw like that -- and I doubt any team could really say they wouldn't do it.

Anyway, it will be a tight game and I don't have the faith in Everton to say we'll get all 3 points. We're at home, and we have enough guile to win, but this is the kind of game we usually drop points in. It will be tight, either way.

And yes, Mikky should be back.
The hatred we get brings the club together as unit but a lot of it is uncalled for the reason we get all the bad press is simply because of the throw but like you said majority of other clubs would use it, we've had to use the resources we've had and its worked really.

yes it will be a very close and nervy game the thing what has changed with stoke though this season because, of more quality is the fact when we are away we will attack a lot more in the past we would sit back the problem with that is we leave ourselves wide open and with players like arteta cahill etc you will probably take advantage. i was genuinely hoping he wasn't going to play because in my opinion he could get into any premier league team's midfield

I think it will be either 2-1 to you lot or 1-1, it depends if i listen to me head or me heart:p

The hatred we get brings the club together as unit but a lot of it is uncalled for the reason we get all the bad press is simply because of the throw but like you said majority of other clubs would use it, we've had to use the resources we've had and its worked really.

yes it will be a very close and nervy game the thing what has changed with stoke though this season because, of more quality is the fact when we are away we will attack a lot more in the past we would sit back the problem with that is we leave ourselves wide open and with players like arteta cahill etc you will probably take advantage. i was genuinely hoping he wasn't going to play because in my opinion he could get into any premier league team's midfield

I think it will be either 2-1 to you lot or 1-1, it depends if i listen to me head or me heart:p

Well it was on the official site that he would be fit for the game, but it's not certain. We certainly need him anyway. He was sorely missed against Spurs, and I can't help but think with him we might have taken all 3 points.

Either way, we've got the physicality to just about match you, and I think if Distin is up for it he can really help with the long throws.

It will be interesting to see Yakubu playing. He's been bulldozing other defenses out of the way, but you're a big team. I wonder if you can cope with his physicality.

Well it was on the official site that he would be fit for the game, but it's not certain. We certainly need him anyway. He was sorely missed against Spurs, and I can't help but think with him we might have taken all 3 points.

Either way, we've got the physicality to just about match you, and I think if Distin is up for it he can really help with the long throws.

It will be interesting to see Yakubu playing. He's been bulldozing other defenses out of the way, but you're a big team. I wonder if you can cope with his physicality.

yeee i watched the game and you did seem to be missing something without arteta to be honest but you defiantly deserved the point for sure
yee and i know what you mean about Yakubu he can match the smaller lads but when he comes up against Shawcross, Huth, Faye, Jones etc will he do it. when we played man utd on sunday Jones had to compete against Ferdiand and Vidic he gave up after 5 minutes he seems in the mood lately though Yakubu he tore liverpool apart:D

yeee i watched the game and you did seem to be missing something without arteta to be honest but you defiantly deserved the point for sure
yee and i know what you mean about Yakubu he can match the smaller lads but when he comes up against Shawcross, Huth, Faye, Jones etc will he do it. when we played man utd on sunday Jones had to compete against Ferdiand and Vidic he gave up after 5 minutes he seems in the mood lately though Yakubu he tore liverpool apart:D

In the air, Yakubu won't be able to compete with those big lads. His jump isn't the best, and he's not tall -- 5' 11 ish. But with the ball at his feet, I don't know if there's a player in the league that can outfight him. He's just a brick shithouse.

In the air, Yakubu won't be able to compete with those big lads. His jump isn't the best, and he's not tall -- 5' 11 ish. But with the ball at his feet, I don't know if there's a player in the league that can outfight him. He's just a brick shithouse.

yeee our lot are completely opposite brilliant in the air but with the ball at the feet they arnt the greatest this season we are in the process of changing the style so these guys are having a lot more time on the ball and you can tell they arn't as comfortable

one thing for sure is it will be a battle im sure players like cahill can roughen it up as well and you have got the likes of distin yakubu and others
where do you see yourselves finishing?

stoke all over west ham at present... why dont we play them until january? they will have got their [Poor language removed] together by then.

stoke all over west ham at present... why dont we play them until january? they will have got their [Poor language removed] together by then.

yup
"Stoke have been very impressive.....passing it unbelievably brilliant...absolutely outstanding......Stoke thoroughly deserve the lead" - Merson just on SSN

he never compliments us:plol

yeee our lot are completely opposite brilliant in the air but with the ball at the feet they arnt the greatest this season we are in the process of changing the style so these guys are having a lot more time on the ball and you can tell they arn't as comfortable

one thing for sure is it will be a battle im sure players like cahill can roughen it up as well and you have got the likes of distin yakubu and others
where do you see yourselves finishing?

We can finish 4th, if we achieve the squad's potential.

We will probably finish 6th. Well, any less than 6th would mean we'd underperformed imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.