Everton v Stoke City. Saturday 30th October @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicoazul

Poster Valuation: #1
The last game of what has been a much needed, unbeaten month so far which is thankfully coming earlier than the common November renaissance, usually sparked by taking three points off West Ham. Or something.

Anyway, considering the desperation amongst the masses at the beginning of the month we have manoeuvred a difficult month quite well, kudos to Moyes and the lids.

One thing evident from the Tottenham game was that the Everton have got the doggedness back, defending tight, scrapping hard for the second ball and not giving away much. This has been the primary building block for performance in Moyes' time here. Except now we have some of them wee flash types too, who can make things happen and play some soccer. The game at White Hart Lane was the first I can remember for a while where we haven't generally had the lion's share of possession.

While all the media are tripping themselves up over Bale, Harry and Tottenham it's worth pointing out that they are not shy to use the long ball and throw in, which leads us nicely to our next opponents, Stoke.

If Spurs are the media's blue eyed boy then Stoke is something akin to the bastardised spawn of an hastily forgotten affair, buried deep long ago. The media and other fans wrongly castigate them for playing dull football. On the contrary, they are a solid outfit managed well and effective. You know what they're going to do so if you succumb to it then you pretty much only have yourself to blame. They also have plenty of passages of neat tidy play as you don't stabilise yourself in the Prem if you don't have something about you.

They recently took six points off Blackburn, and a tough game away at Newcastle which we've failed to do so far this season. Although obviously hampered by the departure of Beattie, who's currently setting Scotland alight - and by that I mean being [Poor language removed] - they have some decent fusballers in Shawcross, Etherington, Jones and Fulller.

The Partisan Pride of Walton had to settle for a point last season with a quite outstanding Osman equaliser in the second half, and on the current run will be disappointed with taking anything less than three points from this you'd think. As per usual we will be sweating on the players who were took off for knocks from the weekend, apart from the self subbing Heitinga who will be alreet for another 75 minutes next week. Hopefully Arteta is back and that apart you can't see too many changes, and rightfully so, we're doing well at the moment.

So, prepare for the annual variety performance treat from the oatcake loving locals, including such classics of "Delilah" and "Sign on, Sign on" and hopefully Everton can wrap up well a vital month, all things considered.

JOL IN.

Good stuff, but not happy that you mentioned oatcakes, I want some now.

If Mikel's back we could well smash them like Bill says. Otherwise I well earned 1 nil'er, ground out well and with the obligatory hellish last 10 minutes.

I doubt we'll hammer them, nobody has come close to hammering them this season. Hopefully a 2-1 win.

I say 2-1 because 5 of Stoke's 8 league games so far have ended by that scoreline, along with one Carling Cup game and two pre-season friendlies.

I predict 2:0 or 2:1 with the Yak scoring one, at least, hopefully.
Also, we should smash these even without Arteta, to be fair, and you know it. Same line-up as today and they're well beaten, no problems.

Will be a tough game, Stoke are no mugs. Fancy us to nick a win but I doubt it will be a battering (although I'd love to be proven wrong!). 2-1 blues.

Will be a tough game, Stoke are no mugs. Fancy us to nick a win but I doubt it will be a battering (although I'd love to be proven wrong!). 2-1 blues.

True. I don't think it will be a battering either, but if we turn up like we did in the last few games we can comfortably beat them imo.

I,ll be at this, my first game this season. Im expecting a tight game as stoke never make it easy, and with their prowess at set pieces, are bound to cause us problems especially if howard deals with crosses like yesterday. I think we,ll win but im not expecting us to roll them over easy.

2-1 blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.