Everton v QPR. 15th Dec at 20.00.

Lad?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh totally. Just not the other two (well really they're one, but whatever). But for £28m I expect more, even at this early stage.

It's difficult to slam somebody's hold up play if they're scoring 15-20 a season though. That means they score 15-20 without the need to hold up play in the first place because the system doesn't demand it.

My point is that it goes both ways. I have no problem with people moaning, but credit where credit is due is only fair...even if it's a player/manager you don't like.

Well personally I just call it how I see it, when I think the Manager hasnt done "his job" im gonna say it, likewise last season I gave him nothing but praise, I aint gonna praise him for beating a team such as QPR at home tho.

People are scared of the vaults, me I just say what I think, if in time it turns out to be "misguided", oh well.

Well personally I just call it how I see it, when I think the Manager hasnt done "his job" im gonna say it, likewise last season I gave him nothing but praise, I aint gonna praise him for beating a team such as QPR at home tho.

People are scared of the vaults, me I just say what I think, if in time it turns out to be "misguided", oh well.

You will praise a manager for doing his job, but not for winning at home to QPR? That is his job isn't it?

You will praise a manager for doing his job, but not for winning at home to QPR? That is his job isn't it?

I consider beating QPR at Home as a given, so in that respect, he did his job, I thought last season he went above and beyond, some of his subs were outstanding, his tactics spot on, I think hes done some great work overall in the transfer market, some players dont look like cutting the mustard tho, but for every Robles theres 2 McCarthys.

So currently, after a home win against a team I expect, no, DEMAND we beat, im very happy, he set the team up perfectly, no round pegs in square holes for once, so well done Roberto Martinez, tonight you have made 000s of Everton fans happy, me very much included.

You like many others need to build a bridge and get over his price tag.

Why? £28m is a lot of money for us. It is important that we get good value for it as we can't afford to be throwing that kind of money around without a good return on our investment. We may not like it, but that's the way it is.

It's difficult to slam somebody's hold up play if they're scoring 15-20 a season though. That means they score 15-20 without the need to hold up play in the first place because the system doesn't demand it.

Well I'm not meaning to slam him, I mean his scoring record in the past has been very good, and this year is pretty decent. But if he can score 15-20 with that issue, what could he be scoring without it? 20-25? More? That's what I want to see - him being an absolute beast. My expectations for him are high, and so the criticisms are harsher, but that's just a reflection on the player that I think he can be.

Probably doesn't include any player

Probably, but I won't pretend to know enough about players outside of Everton, let alone the Prem to say for sure!

Basically this. You can't go around being worried about being wrong all the time. If you are gonna be wrong, do it with conviction!

Also @GrandOldTeam , instead of liking my posts, can you give me my rep back please! ;)

Edit: Anyway, I was supposed to go to bed 45 mins ago, damn you all.

Well, you're sound...I'm really not referring to you. It's the negative melts that only post negative stuff.

And we all know you have never been wrong about anything football related.

*dreams of unplugging @Boss_Blue from the matrix
57178569.jpg

Well, you're sound...I'm really not referring to you. It's the negative melts that only post negative stuff.

And we all know you have never been wrong about anything football related.

Well I suppose being right 100% of the time is a factor in my mindest.

Its a curse.

I dunno how some people do it tho, my head would explode if I was as negative as some.

Why? £28m is a lot of money for us. It is important that we get good value for it as we can't afford to be throwing that kind of money around without a good return on our investment. We may not like it, but that's the way it is.

Yes it is, but it's also the price you pay for a 21 year old proven goal scorer with potential to be world class. It's the way of football today.

Not pretty but looking better. We are clearly missing urgency. There's no pressing and only Barkley seems to be interested in moving the ball at pace. I just don't understand why Martinez hasn't been able to get the team up to tempo yet. Throughout the season we've allowed teams to get 10 men behind ball before we've even thought of going past the half-way line. It makes the team look lackadaisical which we all know isn't our style.

Also what was up with keeping Mirallas on for so long? He was bagged after 60 minutes. If he wasn't going to get karate kicked by Mutch, then he was going to pull a hamstring. Martinez's substitutions are just so different from last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.