Everton v QPR. 15th Dec at 20.00.

Lad?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, my opinion. I've not called directly anyone on here pathetic (as you said), but yes, I do think it is pathetic to slate and abuse a player so much after one bad game, but to not give credit after a good game.

It really is pathetic mate...it's like that Martinez wearing the mask thread. Thought he did everything right midweek and today...thread hasn't been touched since Saturday.

/Sigh.

Again, for clarity;

Again, my opinion. I've not called directly anyone on here pathetic (as you said), but yes, I do think it is pathetic to slate and abuse a player so much after one bad game, but to not give credit after a good game.

No offense, but whether it's direct or not isn't doesn't make it ok, imo. Also given your position I just feel that you should be setting an example, which I don't think some of your posts did. As for the amount of stick/credit he gets - he's cost £28m, it's gonna be magnified. Is that his fault? No. Does that make it unfair for people to expect more and have stronger opinions on his performance/ability? Again no, imo. Also you talk about people slating his bad games, and keeping quiet when he has a good one, but I'm pretty sure Tubey isn't one of those people (I know you didn't direct that response to him, but you were quoting/debating with him concurrently, so...).

You can upgrade, and you'll have the same rep (+10/-10) as many other members/staff on here.

Well I can't really argue with that...

Sarcasm...I've watched a lot of Swansea this season; if Lukaku got the kind of service Bony has got, he'd have more goals than Aguero.

The slating of Lukaku is getting boring, but it's all about the transfer fee - it's a millstone around his neck. As a loan player he never got this kind of stick even though he is MUCH improved from last season.

I honestly think that us Everton fans don't really know how to handle having such an expensive player play for us. He's cost almost double our next most expensive player. We're not used to that. In our heads that means he ought to be twice as good. But you don't spend that kind of money to get someone twice as good - you spend it to get someone that is 5%, or manbe 10% better. FML I can name a lot more £25-30m transfers that are worse than Rom than are better.

Unfortunately it is, but that's life. That and his overall ability at a young age set the bar high for him. And in many people's eyes he is not reaching that bar enough. Hopefully that will come with time, but right now it is a concern...

It really is pathetic mate...it's like that Martinez wearing the mask thread. Thought he did everything right midweek and today...thread hasn't been touched since Saturday.

Well if he does the right things theres nothing to moan about.

If Lukaku would have scored a goal/Controlled at least 1 pass/Not been JelavicSide or ATTEMPTED to jump for a header things might have been different.

List of Strikers aged <22 that have; a great first touch, great hold up play, consistently scoring 15-20 goals a season:

Nobody....

List of Strikers aged <22 that have; a half decent first touch, decent hold up play, consistently scoring 15-20 goals a season:

Still wouldn't include Lukaku atm.

No offense, but whether it's direct or not isn't doesn't make it ok, imo. Also given your position I just feel that you should be setting an example, which I don't think some of your posts did. As for the amount of stick/credit he gets - he's cost £28m, it's gonna be magnified. Is that his fault? No. Does that make it unfair for people to expect more and have stronger opinions on his performance/ability? Again no, imo. Also you talk about people slating his bad games, and keeping quiet when he has a good one, but I'm pretty sure Tubey isn't one of those people (I know you didn't direct that response to him, but you were quoting/debating with him concurrently, so...).

Well I can't really argue with that...

Unfortunately it is, but that's life. That and his overall ability at a young age set the bar high for him. And in many people's eyes he is not reaching that bar enough. Hopefully that will come with time, but right now it is a concern...

Oh Phil...

I call a spade a spade. I'm not sitting on any fence pal.

But I do appreciate your efforts to help me be more diplomatic but I'll politely decline.

*shines recent best forum in world football award* ;)

Oh Phil...

I call a spade a spade. I'm not sitting on any fence pal.

Haha good, there's no point having an opinion if you're not prepared to fight for it (metaphorically).

But I do appreciate your efforts to help me be more diplomatic but I'll politely decline.

*shines recent best forum in world football award* ;)

Hope I don't detect a hint of sarcasm there, might have to take 1 rep point off you :eek:

Also, no one likes a show off. Well except for Ziggler. :p

tbh rom infuriates me during games but after when i calm down he is doing ok.

as you say he is young and he is a striker both of which are prone to highs and lows in there game.

imo he willhit a rich vein of goals 2nd half of the season and then kick on next season.

Fully agree. Go on a bit of form during these Christmas games, he'll be sound.

Well if he does the right things theres nothing to moan about.

If Lukaku would have scored a goal/Controlled at least 1 pass/Not been JelavicSide or ATTEMPTED to jump for a header things might have been different.

My point is that it goes both ways. I have no problem with people moaning, but credit where credit is due is only fair...even if it's a player/manager you don't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.