Everton v Fulham. 14th Dec @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like Martinez mentioned after the derby, it is important that the fans create an intense positive atmosphere. As he is asking the players to show a positive arrogance, so should the fans. We have a really good side and an excellent home record and so we should focus on that and not that Fulham have a bit of belief through binning off Jol.

No game is a given but hopefully we will carry on the performance level and collect the 3 points.

Like with the games at Old Trafford and Emirates it's all about how Everton approach the games mentally. We broke the block keeping us from winning away against "big" teams, now we must break another block and deal with "lesser" teams. Same thing really, only the other way around.
Clean sheet and a few goals for Everton should be the target.

That same bunch of forty odd corduroy wearing whoppers. The half time snack bar doesn’t open for Fulham, not because of the low numbers but because they tend to bring their own own sandwiches with them. They may be forty but the sales of The Guardian in them are strong.

This made me wonder if I should be a Fulham supporter but then I realised I'm in my 50's and I breathed a sigh of relief, so that's a big thank feck for that.

OK sort of preview. 6/10

We will bash them 3-1 and will take 7 points from the next 9.
Vault me when I'm wrong. N.E.A

Mirallas with a brace.
Dodgy teeth ? Maybe when he's finished with it he should pass it to SewerRat ?

After a week of end of term tests and whatnot I truly cannot wait for this game..

47-0 to the blues and Hibbo to score 21 of them

Nice work ChAz. Ha, it wasn't 3.00 am in my case but it was after 1.00 and I had to be up at 6.30. Love the way you tap into the little quirks we share.

Hope Deulofeu starts. Teams will be well aware of how well we're playing and we'll need that little spark of talent and imagination to break down defenses armed with stubborn grocks. One of the good things about this lad is, even if he's not on his best form, he'll put teams on the back foot.

I'm quietly optimistic of another Stoke style hammering.

...this has got unlucky 1-0 defeat written all over it.

Just like an ice pick in my temple, you horror. Of COURSE we dread this shower of ordinary. It has been the way for so long that we can't imagine anything different until Bobby exorcises this dread from our collective psyche.

Another draw. 1 -1 - they get a double deflection a minute before the half after we hold 62% possession and hammer each post once and the crossbar twice. Pienaar (!) slots with 20 to go. The headwaiter will be given a red for sulking, and azul will rush to the touch line to get a closer glimpse of his heartthrob. Still, the Fulham keeper (can't be arsed to look his name up) will provide seven quality saves in the second half and we will amble off clinging to a point for the day. Dreading this.

heller_draw1.jpg

This could be tricky, they look more organised now under the dutchman than did under the previous dutchman and after two fantastic performances it could be very easy to get complacent (especially as they never win at Goodison).

My Everton dream last night was the upcoming anfield derby, lukaku fed lukaku it was strange but the 2nd lukaku hit it straight at mignolet, it would have been 2-2 in the 93rd minute. Both of their goals were the fault of our goalie, the boxer George groves who played in his boxing gloves and kept dropping the ball. Felt proper real at the time.

Anyway 3-0 Everton all defenders scoring jags distin and Coleman.

My Everton dream last night was the upcoming anfield derby, lukaku fed lukaku it was strange but the 2nd lukaku hit it straight at mignolet, it would have been 2-2 in the 93rd minute. Both of their goals were the fault of our goalie, the boxer George groves who played in his boxing gloves and kept dropping the ball. Felt proper real at the time.

Anyway 3-0 Everton all defenders scoring jags distin and Coleman.

I had a nightmare and we lost 1-5 , cant work out who we lost too but it was a team in red

Derek Temple slots, there are more people visible on the Enclosure than Fulham have had in their ground the last 40 years.
derek-temple-in-action-for-everton-448585554-3259440.jpg

Fulham's Ultrettes go on an away day, they were a feared firm that crocheted the opposing female into submission
article-2264693-1714DA11000005DC-112_964x737.jpg

How on earth they ever had a kit as boss as this though is anyones guess, unless of course the Ultrettes put the trefoil on for them.
4458767_170_160_0_0_fit_6_7fbea5a61d18f8cfd7d9054425e1aa78.jpg

In 1904, when the new owners of the vast Stamford Bridge athletics stadium in Walham Green decided they wanted to find a football club to play there, the first thing they did was ask Fulham.
stamford-bridge-chelsea-afl03_aerofilms_25830_1215042.jpg

Fulham were London’s first professional club and one with some potential, but surely not as long as they stayed in their tiny Craven Cottage stadium, cramped between residential streets and the River Thames. Stamford Bridge, a huge and modern ground, should have been a far more attractive proposition, but the Fulham chairman, Henry Norris, said no.
He would never again demonstrate such caution or traditionalist principles.
The stadium owners, the Mears family, eventually – after some prompting fromFrederick Parker’s dog – decided to form their own club. Chelsea appeared in 1905, and thanks to expansive investment, almost immediately became the biggest club in London, drawing huge crowds that totally overshadowed poor Fulham and the rest of London football.

Fulham did of course, under the stewardship of 'Super'Mc form a Rugby League Club (they trained at my local sports club) their 1st competitive fixture being against Wigan, not for any historical reason but because they were Sh1t & had been relegated to the 2nd Division,and it appears from this image that The Cottage became an annex of Lancashire
$T2eC16F,!ysE9sy0gCPSBRly8sG6dQ~~60_35.JPG

So if anyone approaches you tomorrow with a sweater over their shoulders & loosely tied sleeves asking "where one can get a jolly decent Chardonnay ?" pull the feckers tight, scream WOOL in their face & point them in the direction of Bargain Booze.

Status
Not open for further replies.