Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we sign a decent striker, not Valencia, and kone then we won't be in bad shape, still short a couple of quality bodies but we'll have improved the squad significantly, never mind the 11pm deadline, deals get done after, remember fellaini signed at 2am out of absolutely nowhere

It's become quite clear that our administrative staff behind the scenes are clueless at best, and the argument can now fairly be made that we had no ambition to do anything beyond sell to buy from the moment Moshiri signed on the dotted line.

It's going to take some going now to convince a lot of people that Moshiri didn't just see the influx of money into the league, looked for a gullible club and decided to take the punt on cashing in on it.
I am worried about the stadium. If he's not here to invest a lot of money then it doesn't bode well for the kind of stadium he plans to build.

You can chase the wrong thread all you like.

We've got money, and mismanagement hasn't allowed us to spend it. That's where your anger should be pointed.
I have no anger at all.
I am asking for a reasoned, calm response. Have you seen any evidence?

The windows open until 11 guys. Deals get announced hours later pretty much every transfer window. It's not over yet (I hope)

I can't see how the club are gonna defend themselves. "We tried up until the last minute but the right players just weren't available" this after signing last resort striker at West Ham Enner Valencia!

OK, we will now take sincere apologies from those who said we would be spending billions this summer and we urged caution.

....I think it's reasonable to still have a suspicion about our new found wealth given there was no real movement until Stones left. Deals can fall through but we've had so many high-profile links it looks a shambles that we've failed to realise any.

Just think of those threads folk opened. Pointless.

Seriously, factoring in stones, have we actually spent any money?

about £5mil (on playing staff).

I expected more today - not loads - but more.

Frustrating and disappointing end to what I think could have been our best window in years had we got two or three in.

We should of made a statement early in window by making bids public to the media etc, kick up a fuss, big bids all over the show.

Same crap different window really.

Looks like Rom playing every minute again, Barkley as number 10 every match again

Unless any of the players that we've been in for come out and say that we've messed them around haven't offered the wages or fees when push came to shove I can't see what all the angst is about.

Do you think we put in a bid then worked behind the scenes to get spurs to pay more than they originally wanted so our net spend stayed at zero??

Yes we could have gone all in with massive bids weeks ago but would anyone been happy with that? See the comments about this plonker today and Bolasie just to get a feel of it. We tried to get value and failed. Big deal and move on.

This is all legacy from that prat martinez, hopefully we can keep on winning and then in January we may be something that players might want to join.

In the meantime all this talk of protests is just ridiculous. Have a coke and a smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.