Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree on this.

I do think Koeman will be furious at not getting a few more in like he wanted.

I do however think he will be pleased with who we've got and how the squad is shaping up.
If Gueye and Lukaku are not able to play for an extended period are we still pleased with how the squad is shaping up...

Glad the Sissoko deal is off because I don't rate him but disappointed as this was the transfer the club and Moshiri were building up. All eggs in the basket for this one and we have been left red faced. No back up plan and not a sniff of players we desperately needed as in a striker.

If we put our best 11 on the pitch and look at our subs bench, there is nobody on it that can be considered strong enough to change a game or to even give competition for places.

Lukaku has no threat to his position so can do what he wants once again.

Did we sack all our scouts? Why are we not looking further afield than the championship and over priced poor premier league players?

It's become quite clear that our administrative staff behind the scenes are clueless at best, and the argument can now fairly be made that we had no ambition to do anything beyond sell to buy from the moment Moshiri signed on the dotted line.

It's going to take some going now to convince a lot of people that Moshiri didn't just see the influx of money into the league, looked for a gullible club and decided to take the punt on cashing in on it.

Alright lads, come here in peace. Created an account with you lot during the whole Koeman drama, and posed this question on May 5th "A question to you Everton fans, with City, United, Wet Spam, Chelski and you lot all planning on big overhauls of your squads and spending X hundred million, do you think A) there are enough good players out there, for all these big clubs? B) By saying you have 150 million to spend aren't you opening yourselves up to overpaying massively on players, as clubs know you have cash to burn?" Interesting how it panned out for everyone in this transfer market.

Saint's transfers have been underwhelming compared to the departures, but I'm happy with the value we got for Hojberg and Redmond, think they will be tidy acquisitions. Happy with Boufal. Think Williams and Gueye are good buys for you guys, Bolasie is a good player but a bit pricey.

Saints are really struggling under Puel at the moment, I hope it's just down to us learning the new system, but currently we look very poor. Koeman seems to have started well with you guys, and it will be interesting to see how the season goes for both of us. Best of luck for the rest of the season, until we play ofcourse!
ask again in a week mate when everyone heads have finished falling off.

post-58335-good-luck-were-all-counting-on-ClLw.gif

We just bid 30 mil for Sissoko who turned us down.

Bid 40mil euros for Brahimi, they wanted 50

Witsel turned us down

COuld not agree a price for the lad from Napoli. - we have money, just can't spend it.

It's if you chose to Beleive it. It's not like Everton haven't got the media to say things before. We've spent the least in this league and sold to do it, absolutely shambolic

So not only did we not buy anyone until we sold Stones, we also didn't even TOUCH the money from the absolutely ridiculous TV deal either?

Sound.

He's basically came in spent less net than anyone else after promising to give us everything he has, told us a dream and let us down

Pocketed the tv money and not shown any of the ambition we thought he would

guarantee you lukaku is sitting there thinking why did I stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.