Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just me who still thinks we need someone to play the 6 if we bring Gana in? I’d rather have him in the doucoure role pressing high up the pitch. We still need a sitter who isn’t going to compromise our shape and who’s able to take the ball off the defence on the turn.
10000%. We’ve got 2 players who can do the Gueye role (even if not as well). We need a Barry

If McNeil signs today does it show an improvement in recruitment in terms of getting them done quicker? Vinagre was mentioned and within 24/36 hours he signed. Same may happen with McNeil. I’m not counting Tarkowksi as we couldn’t sign him until July.

In the past we’ve been linked and waiting proper beards for it to be official.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we have someone else by Saturday.

If one thing teached us is that the midern game either has teams dig in and play the rare counter, wich is dangerous relegation type play, or modern high press with fast players all over. Having a 32 y old in pivotal position is bound to cause problems, just as our current slow dms have proved. Its a waste of time and money.
But also what the modern game teaches us footballers are playing longer and longer.

We wont know if its going to work until it happens. If his legs are gone, yes its a problem. Ifhe's still athletic and fit, which his appearances last season dont suggest he was overworked, it may be fine. I can appreciate your concern about it, but I'm taking the more positive outlook and just remembering "our midfield" is shocking.

One thing it wont be is a waste of money if its a loan. He's an improvement on Davies, Gbamin and Gomes put together. He's more useful than Allan, who I think has the mental abilities but has so little pace he cant do what he wants.

barely featured towards the end of last season, dont think lampard fancies him tbh

He had an operation pretty soon after hte season finishes and wasn't risked towards end of last season. Whether Lampard fancies him is another thing, but not sure we can read too much into the end of last season regarding Allan

Playing in France though mate it's no where near as high intensity as this league. I hope I'm wrong and its a good stopgap.
Yep but even more reason as to why his age may be less of an issue. Had he been playing 100mph in the premier league for the past 3 years, then his legs may have started to go. We wont know until he plays. All im saying is I can see the logic and we know what we will get with him if he does still have a yard of pace.

Our midfield has absolutely no bite at all and Gana would give us that.

10000%. We’ve got 2 players who can do the Gueye role (even if not as well). We need a Barry
I agree we would need a 6 as well. Gana next to a 6, Gana can then press as he sees fit and hassle people, 6 can screen.

If we can just clone Gareth Barry and fast forward his growth to 25-26 that would be ace.

I dont think any of us really appreciated Barry as a footballer until the past year or so. Was remarkably good at the job he did and just brought calm to other players. Never panicked on the ball. Wasn't petrified of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.