Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I agree with in terms of scouting and imagination. It's painful how narrow minded we are when we look at prospective players.

I can see the logic in Gana for aseason though. Gana was fine with distribution, he's not going to play defence splitting passes but he can keep the ball moving and be a pivot. I would have concern of his legs, but having looked his appearances last season, he made 33 games, 26 in the league. So it';s not like he's been exhausted moving into 32 years old.

We will see.
Playing in France though mate it's no where near as high intensity as this league. I hope I'm wrong and its a good stopgap.

A fully fit Gana and Allan combo would be horrible for the opposition to play against and should allow us the luxury of having Dele not track back and more aggressive wing backs.

How often they’d be fully fit together is another story.
5 years ago i would have agreed, but going into next season with them two in the middle would be Chuckle brother levels.

Gray got 6 goals and 5 assists last season... McNeil scored the same amount of goals as you, me, Big Oil and Davek, and one assist.

Forgive me for being underwhelmed.
What really worries me about McNeil is that, the last time we signed a 'creative' player whose important numbers (goals and assists) were awful, but everyone was banging on about all their other numbers was Iwobi.

They convinced me that that (goals and assists) wasn’t the whole picture and despite the fact he never seemed that good, made me think he was going to be a good signing - I did a complete 180 on it. But he has been an awful signing and just because, fair play to the lad, he worked his socks off during the last few games of the season, he's still been awful and his attacking contribution is non-existent.

I'm worried it will be the same again here.

Erm, we breathe air. Only a minor component of which is oxygen.

Just saying.

View attachment 175125

Yeah but as shown by the table we don't absorb n2 we absorb o2. We may breath "air" but the reason for the process is so the alveolus can absorb the o2. We also say we breath out co2 when as shown by your table we actually breath out less co2 then o2 but the defining part of the respiratory process is we absorb o2 to stay alive and we replace that absorbed o2 with co2 hence we breathe oxygen and we breath out carbon dioxide.

Would you say a fish breaths water? No, you say a fish breaths under water because even though water passes through its gills its breathing the o2 in the water not the actual water.

Just saying.

What really worries me about McNeil is that, the last time we signed a 'creative' player whose important numbers (goals and assists) were awful, but everyone was banging on about all their other numbers was Iwobi.

They convinced me that that (goals and assists) wasn’t the whole picture and despite the fact he never seemed that good, made me think he was going to be a good signing - I did a complete 180 on it. But he has been an awful signing and just because, fair play to the lad, he worked his socks off during the last few games of the season, he's still been awful and his attacking contribution is non-existent.

You can't judge someone on assists mate. By definition it's a metric which relies on someone else to class it as an assist. Looking at the number and quality of chances created by the player is a much better guide to their creative qualities than "assists".

Yeah but as shown by the table we don't absorb n2 we absorb o2. We may breath "air" but the reason for the process is so the alveolus can absorb the o2. We also say we breath out co2 when as shown by your table we actually breath out less co2 then o2 but the defining part of the respiratory process is we absorb o2 to stay alive and we replace that absorbed o2 with co2 hence we breathe oxygen and we breath out carbon dioxide.

Would you say a fish breaths water? No, you say a fish breaths under water because even though water passes through its gills its breathing the o2 in the water not the actual water.

Just saying.
Slightly off topic !

I know we need a 6 but didn't Gblammo have a pretty good preseason? Not saying to rely on him as the inevitable "his leg has gangrene"if on it's way but he's not meant to be awful later, no?

Thing is though McNeil is still very young and already has 3 Premier League seasons under his belt. His ceiling is higher than Iwobi's and we know all about Lampard's stance on young players.

Status
Not open for further replies.