Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like the McNeil signing would fit our profile of putting a small downpayment down, which means we should have plenty left to put a downpayment down on one or two more players. With Vinagre on loan covering LWB too, we’ve done well in the market financially so far.

If we get Gana or loan or for buttons, that’s another position covered for cheap. I’d assume then that our chances of getting a Dennis, a MGW or a Broja over the line increases. We need goals and one of them would be a good signing. That would leave a midfielder who can play a bit to partner the tough tackler, I’d take Winks with an option for a year. Barkley can sniff it though, want him nowhere near us.
The defensive midfielder we choose needs to be able to play and hold possession of the ball, not do a Gana. None of the current lot know what to do when in possession. We actually need 3 such midfielders.

The defensive midfielder we choose needs to be able to play and hold possession of the ball, not do a Gana. None of the current lot know what to do when in possession. We actually need 3 such midfielders.
None of them know how to tackle either, aside from Allan who simply cannot play as a #6. We need a tackler and a passer alongside him who can take the ball off the defence and play through the lines.

Properly stunned at how so many Evertonians can still be so ignorant of the situation we're currently in...

Turning their noses up at McNeil & Gana ffs lol instantly walk into this horrendous team, Barkley too for that matter...
It's not whether they are better than what we have it's whether they take us forward I'm not seeing it hope I'm wrong

The current remit is to stay in the Premier League mate. Players to 'take us forward' can only come once the former is sorted.
Fair enough just think there is far better value out there but it's not up to me. At least Mcneil has age on his side to improve.

Maybe just literally no imagination to it, do we employ scouts? Also you need legs in this league he's 32 also his distribution was never his strong suit if Lamps wants to play a passing style.

Maybe just literally no imagination to it, do we employ scouts? Also you need legs in this league he's 32 also his distribution was never his strong suit if Lamps wants to play a passing style.

Yeah I agree with in terms of scouting and imagination. It's painful how narrow minded we are when we look at prospective players.

I can see the logic in Gana for aseason though. Gana was fine with distribution, he's not going to play defence splitting passes but he can keep the ball moving and be a pivot. I would have concern of his legs, but having looked his appearances last season, he made 33 games, 26 in the league. So it';s not like he's been exhausted moving into 32 years old.

We will see.

A fully fit Gana and Allan combo would be horrible for the opposition to play against and should allow us the luxury of having Dele not track back and more aggressive wing backs.

How often they’d be fully fit together is another story.

A fully fit Gana and Allan combo would be horrible for the opposition to play against and should allow us the luxury of having Dele not track back and more aggressive wing backs.

How often they’d be fully fit together is another story.
Good Pressing pair but they cant give quick pass to others…Finally, we can only reply on the wing back to help them. I hope we will sign a creative mid as well. Maybe Barkley will be the answer?

F sake Everton…get on Joao Pedro, lads got pace, flair & is direct, Rico’s replacement, 15 mill, a steal!!! ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

The other way of looking at it, is that we know what he does, and can fill that gap we have for another season, then we can bring in a 6 that's worth bringing in next summer.

It's not ideal but it's an option and at least buys some time for next summer, with minimal cost to the budget (which could allow us to use that money elsewhere).
If one thing teached us is that the midern game either has teams dig in and play the rare counter, wich is dangerous relegation type play, or modern high press with fast players all over. Having a 32 y old in pivotal position is bound to cause problems, just as our current slow dms have proved. Its a waste of time and money.

Status
Not open for further replies.