Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fans will really like him. He’s snide. Works hard. He hasn’t scored much for Brighton but Brighton don’t score many goals as a team. He done well for brentford couple of years ago.

Indeed. I'm going to bore everyone with my posts about him last year;

Think Maupay would be a great signing - pace, can fill a few positions and can slot. Best days ahead of him. Can't see it happening though.

And one played for Everton, the other Brighton.

On total Premier League appearances and goals;

Richarlison
145 Games
39 Goals

Maupay
72 Games
20 Goals

The point being taking stats in isolation, doesn't really give the full story.

You keep saying "He only scores 8 goals a season" but his record in England is this;

View attachment 137035

Any player, at 22, playing in the Prem for the first time for Brighton and hitting 10 league goals has something to his game.

I think he'll stay and hit double figures again this season for them.

He's an important player for them, so it wont happen anyway.

We can't afford him.

Just think he's a good player, me.

Remember his goal against us? When Pickford dropped it? And he got in front of him and scored on the spin?

He has a street football style to his game that makes him a proper nuisance.

People took the piss in August when I said this.

He's kicked on again this season.

0.57 goals per 90 minutes.

7 league goals in 15.

Level with Ronaldo, Raheem Sterling and Sadio Mane. Not bad at all factoring in Brighton too.

He's a bit of an irritant. Same type of reason I really wanted Mitrović when he was in the Championship in 2019 and again when he was struggling last season - combative players with their best years to come/resale value.

Maupay. 25. Available at a decent price because he's in the last year of his contract.

His goal conversion is better than Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison.

We desperately need options up front.

Maupay is one we know can score in the league (10 in 37, 8 in 33, 8 in 32). One with pace and one we know we can resell, too.

Low risk - you don't lose money on £15m for Maupay, IMO.

Could be. But if there is some kind of gossip concerning Everton that makes your blood boil, it is usually true in my experience.

McNeil being the latest for me. Really looking forward to a front 3 of Adams, Maupay and McNeil. Championship standard. May as well have you and me playing up there.
Ah yes 3 players who've all done alright in Premier League sides is Championship quality. Obviously they'd be a downgrade on the elite talent we've got throughout the forward line. It's actually at the same time hilarious and pathetic how much McNeil is being written off already for no reason other than to moan. Once the team gets upto speed he'll easily be our best winger but moan away for now by all means.

People losing their minds because some fans have the absolute gall to say Gordon for £40m+ is an insanely good deal for us despite him not showing a whole pile aside from sparks in a year and a half, yet those same people will say McNeil is crap after seeing him for literally 120 minutes in a new team, with no striker the on pitch, with half that time coming against one of the best sides in the league. The reaction is laughable.

Maupay is good at scoring goals and being a general nuisance.
We have no goal scorers and no presence up top.

For some reason I thought he was late 20s but just read he’s only 25.

It’s a yes from me if the price is right.

If we are selling Gordon, we need to add some pace and directness. Ollie Watkin’s - or a player of that profile would be fantastic. If we go for an Adam’s or Maupay we will know what we’re getting.. very little growth potential and minimal competition for DCL. That’s why I think it’s better to role the dice on one of the French guys or a championship striker.. they’ll likely give you similar output to Adam’s or Maupay BUT you might just unearth a gem..

Che Adams isn't a bad player, always seems a handful whenever I've seen him, but yeah 20 goals in 3 seasons for Southampton isn't the greatest record like..

If we are selling Gordon, we need to add some pace and directness. Ollie Watkins - or a player of that profile would be fantastic. If we go for an Adam’s or Maupay we will know what we’re getting.. very little growth potential and minimal competition for DCL. That’s why I think it’s better to role the dice on one of the French guys or a championship striker.. they’ll likely give you similar output to Adam’s or Maupay BUT you might just unearth a gem..

Thought Watkins was quite poor for them on Saturday to be honest. Noticed a section of Villa fans are getting a bit frustrated with him.

The biggest shame is that there is an undercurrent of posters so caught up in the Murdoch sponsored and video game hysteria that they are willing to forgo a young scouse talent to replace him with players they’ve only seen on YouTube.

It’s a scourge on football and one I thought Evertonians would resist, yet here we are. These trade obsessed hypeslags are truly the crypto bells of Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.