Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would be easier to assess transfer targets if we knew what end game formation was desired.
This is the problem for me. Have no idea what formation Lampard will end up sticking with. Coady makes you think 3 at the back - but then we are so light in midfield and there are players such as dele/ McNeill in particular who just don’t fit into that system.

Ah yes 3 players who've all done alright in Premier League sides is Championship quality. Obviously they'd be a downgrade on the elite talent we've got throughout the forward line. It's actually at the same time hilarious and pathetic how much McNeil is being written off already for no reason other than to moan. Once the team gets upto speed he'll easily be our best winger but moan away for now by all means.

People losing their minds because some fans have the absolute gall to say Gordon for £40m+ is an insanely good deal for us despite him not showing a whole pile aside from sparks in a year and a half, yet those same people will say McNeil is crap after seeing him for literally 120 minutes in a new team, with no striker the on pitch, with half that time coming against one of the best sides in the league. The reaction is laughable.
How many times, fella. I don't like McNeil from watching him over the past 3 seasons at Burnley. It is not based on his 2 appearances with us.

I saw nothing whatsoever to convince me he is a good player over those years. I also know some Burnley fans and they were not huge fans of his either. Burnley fans. They were intrigued to see how he would get on in the Championship this year to see if his performances could 'step up a level' with the drop down a division. They felt he would benefit from this. The way McNeil has performed in his first 2 games with us is exactly the player I expected. No pace, no drive, mentally weak, blowing tugs after 50 mins, no end product.

And as for Maupay, Brighton create a tonne of chances (we don't) and his goal return is bordering on the pathetic. Maupay and Adams are the kind of players we signed under Koeman. Wrong age, questionable ability to begin with, we will be the biggest club they play for and then we will be unable to shift them when all our fans are moaning about them performing at exactly the level that should be expected of them if you had seen them play for their previous clubs.

But it's fine. They are good PL performers ?. Yes, they might be enough to keep us up this year but then they become a problem and hinder our ability to improve. That's what I find laughable.

The Maupay / Adams situation highlights exactly why we need to get Gordon sorted so it doesn’t stall other business: at 15m it feels like they are the “current budget” solutions. Do the targets change if we sell Gordon or are we just going to buy additional targets?

You can have presence without being tall mate.
Look at Jesus giving people the run around and pulling them out of position for Arsenal.

We’ve had a very static front three lead by Gordon who doesn’t know where to position himself because he’s never played there.
Agree. Presence comes from being good at football in the position you play generally speaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.