Everton players out on loan (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
McGeady was his usual self for Ireland this past week, but did a fantastic spin move which showed his skill. However, his crossing was as rubbish as always.

McGeady was his usual self for Ireland this past week, but did a fantastic spin move which showed his skill. However, his crossing was as rubbish as always.
The master at crossing into row z.how can someone who has played that long and train all them years and still has trouble crossing the road let alone put a decent cross in:mad:

Championship
Brentford - Leandro Rodríguez started and went off injured in 44th minute of 3-0 away win at Nottingham Forest (score was 0-0, his replacement scored the first)

OS Match Report
"The best early chance was created after interplay between Yennaris and Alan Judge, Ryan Woods got in to the box but with Leandro Rodríguez and Sam Saunders waiting for a cut back his ball was poor and Matt Mills cleared."
"Brentford’s best chance of the half fell to Saunders after a clever Rodríguez lay off had put him through but the attacking midfield man blasted high and wide from 15 yards. That was the last meaningful contribution from Rodríguez who limped off just before half time to be replaced by Vibe."

Twitter stuff
10' Nice spell of possession from The Bees, Rodriguez just strays too early trying to get on Yennaris' pass and he's offside (0-0)
23' Rodriguez crowded out on the edge of the box as he looks to turn, Mancienne down again (0-0)
38' Big chance for Saunders! Colin intercepts and Judge's long ball is poked through to Saunders by Rodriguez but he blasts over (0-0)
43' Rodriguez is down midway inside the Forest half, Judge with great forward run but Mills gets back to tackle (0-0)
44' That's the end of Rodriguez's afternoon, @LasseVibe coming on to replace him (0-0)

Random fan comment
Hope Rodriguex is ok. He looked half decent till his hamstring injury ?

Fulham - Luke Garbutt unused sub in 2-1 home win over relegation rivals MK Dons

League One
Walsall - Matthew Pennington played full match and was booked in 0-2 away defeat at Sheffield Utd

OS Match Report
"Che Adams registered the home side’s first attempt with a long-distance drive which was well blocked by debutant Pennington."
"Pennington glanced over in added time before Bradshaw saw a tame header held by Long, as the Blades comfortably saw the game out."

Twitter stuff
4' - Adams' long-distance drive is blocked by Pennington. 0-0.
52' - Coutts' cross is headed away by Pennington but only as far as Basham who sends a 20-yard volley over the bar. 2-0.
71' - Pennington is booked for bringing down Adams. 2-0.
91' - Pennington heads high over the bar from Forde's corner. 2-0.
95' - Bradshaw's tame header from Pennington's cross is held. 2-0.

Random fan comments
Pennington looks decent.
Liked the look of Pennington though, might be my MOTM actually, he actually looked like he cared a little bit with his driving runs from central defence.
With Taylor and Pennington frequently pushing so far forward at the same time as both wing backs (presumably because they were told to) it left us totally, hopelessly exposed, with Downing forever being left on his own, Chambers and usually Sawyers racing back to try to help him when things went tits up, as they often did.

Wigan - Conor McAleny started, scored the first goal and was substituted in the 70th minute in 5-1 away win at Shrewsbury

OS Match Report
"McAleny had already tried his luck from distance on a couple of occasions, but if at first you don’t succeed…the ball reached him after Jermaine Grandison’s poorly cleared header under pressure from Grigg on the edge of the box. He chested it down and volleyed superbly past Mark Halstead to add another to his collection of spectacular Latics goals.
He could have doubled his tally before the break, picking up the ball after a good run down the left by Yanic Wildschut. He crossed to Grigg, who held it up and teed up McAleny, but the shot was brilliantly blocked by Zak Whitbread."
"Latics’ leading goalscorer firstly set up McAleny to run at goal, who pulled the ball back and struck the upright with Halstead beaten. The ball fell at the feet of Wildschut on the edge of the box and with Halstead still on the floor, he smashed it home, despite the best efforts of Whitbread on the line."

Twitter stuff
33' GOOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLL!!! WOW! What a hit by @CMcAleny! 1-1!
33' GOAL! What a volley! @CMcAleny chested down a clearance and hammered it, on the volley, over the keeper's head!
37' CLOSE!! Perkins surging forward, cuts it in for Grigg, sets up McAleny who is denied by a block, Power then denied! Corner kick.
40' CLOSE!! @CMcAleny's deflected pass has @yanicw33 down the left side, he slides it agonisingly across the face of goal!
57' GOAL! @CMcAleny bursting down the left, his shot denied by the post, it fell to @yanicw33 to follow it in!

Random fan comments
Mcaleny's goal was way better than that one that every one raced about that Vardy scored.
Cracking goal from McAleny, he is such a busy player
Just seen McAleny's goal ......he's putting together a nice little collection of goals ..........though today's was slightly classier than last week's effort. Hell, he hits the ball cleanly.
Cracking second half. McAleny had a great game.
He's a really class act but I couldn't understand it when we got him at the end of the transfer window. With his almost non-existent record both for Everton and his loan clubs, it seemed he was just coming here to make up the numbers. I didn't even think he'd get a game but GC bravely threw him into the first match and he's looked great ever since.
Given he's 23, out of contract, has hardly had a look in at Everton, we look like we'll be playing in the Championship and will have parachute payments still, I'd say our chances of keeping him are very high and he's going to be a good player even in a division higher.

Fleetwood Town - David Henen started on subs bench and came on in 81st minute of 1-1 away draw at Swindon

OS Match Report
"The third and final change came as David Henen replaced Grant. Sub Henen made an immediate impact, linking up with Cole, but again Town could not convert as the Everton loanee could only fire straight at the goalkeeper."

League Two
Cambridge Utd - Ryan Ledson started and was substituted in the 60th minute of 1-1 away draw at Accrington Stanley

OS Match Report
"An early chance fell the way of Ryan Ledson in the second period, when the ball dropped kindly for the Everton loanee 18 yards out following hard work from Ismail to win the ball, but the midfielder’s strike was deflected and caught acrobatically by Etheridge in the Accrington goal."

Twitter stuff
2' Strong start from the U's, with Ledson and Max Clark combining well early in midfield 0-0
47' Early chance for Ryan Ledson, whose shot rebounds into the hands of the diving Etheridge 0-0
52' Spencer heads the ball back into the path of Ledson, who takes one touch before hitting a dipping effort at goal. Keeper saves 0-0

Random fan comments (pre-match team-selection-related)
I think Clark/Ledson is too lightweight.
Too lightweight you say. I dunno, I mean, Ledson may be a snake-hipped sort of chap but I'm not sure he's particulary lightweight. I don't notice him getting muscled off the ball much anyway, his balance, workrate and determination makes sure of that.
Ledson has never done it for me. Gives the ball away far too often, always looking for the Hollywood pass, rarely splits a defence. He does have good energy and work rate. Clark kept things simple, always show d the ball, liked a tackle and freed Berry to maraud. Ledson will no doubt have a decent career but we looked more balanced than we have for a long time on Monday.
Clark did more than enough to keep his place. Did more in that one game than I have seen Ledson do all season.
Really? Ledsons been quality for us.
I am one of those who have reservations about Ledson-love the kid's enthusiasm but get frustrated that he loses possession a lot and is always looking for the Hollywood ball. Start him on the bench and bring him on later for some fresh legs.

Without quoting every single post, this whole thread on the Cambridge board is worth a read for the Ledson discussion.

Walsh (Yeovil) was suspended and Donohue (Barrow) not in squad for game. (Post-international duty?)

Jonjoe Kenny and Callum Connolly could face off at Wembley this afternoon in Johnstone's Paint Trophy final (14.30 UK time). Shani Tarashaj's Zurich play at Thun earlier this afternoon (13.45 local time).

I think all of the loan players (bar the english kids of ledsons age) will be sold this summer or let go.

Thats just my opinion but it seems lik McGeady is off anywhere who will take him. Mcaleny is out of contract and henen and rodriguez in the shop window.

kenny starting for oxford at wembley, sky sports 3, k.o @ 2.30
connolly seems to have picked up an injury on international duty so unfortunately misses out for barnsley

I think all of the loan players (bar the english kids of ledsons age) will be sold this summer or let go.

Thats just my opinion but it seems lik McGeady is off anywhere who will take him. Mcaleny is out of contract and henen and rodriguez in the shop window.

Rodriguez hasn't even been at the club for a year, Henen less than two. What makes you think they've gone out on loan for anything more than getting first team football in a new country?

I think McGeady, McAleny and maybe Grant will be moved on. Henen, Rodriguez and Pennington need first team football and will be on fringes of squad come pre season. Garbutt may have to go back on loan depending what they do with Baines.

Status
Not open for further replies.