Everton players out on loan (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Championship
Brentford - Leandro Rodriguez started and was subbed in 76th minute of 0-1 home defeat to Blackburn (Shane Duffy scored for Blackburn)

OS Match Report

Twitter stuff
MATCHDAY | A great reception for Leandro Rodriguez as his name is read out, its Rovers to get us underway
2' Good pressure from Rodriguez forces a hurried clearance from the Rovers defence (0-0)
19' Rodriguez is far too quick for Duffy in the midfield, Rovers man gives away the free-kick (0-0)

Interview with OS on loan signing
Local paper report on loan signing

Local paper comments
Everton loanee Leandro Rodriguez made his debut for Brentford and had a difficult time up against Grant Hanley and Shane Duffy. The two powerful defenders made the Uruguayan's afternoon difficult but, credit to him, he continued to show desire. There were flashes of skill but, by and large, Rodriguez was isolated due to the way Brentford were playing. If he had support up there, it will be fairer to judge him.

(As well as Shane Duffy, ex-Academy Jake Bidwell and Hope Akpan also played in this match.)

Fulham - Luke Garbutt was an unused sub in 1-1 away draw at Birmingham

Division One
Barnsley - Callum Connolly played full match in 2-0 away win at Fleetwood

OS Match Report
"Fleetwood threatened again midway through the half as Shola Ameobi combined with David Ball to set Grant clear but Davies smartly saved his effort with Callum Connolly clearing the danger."

Twitter stuff
21 - Tom Grant comes close again but Davies makes an excellent save to deny him, and Connolly cleared the danger.

No particular fan comments

Oxford Utd - Jonjoe Kenny played whole match in 3-0 away win over Barnet

OS Match Report

Twitter stuff
30' U's throw in, which Kenny takes on the far side. Roofe is felled and the ball rolls out. Corner - U's 0-0
88' U's throw in. Kenny takes for Bowery to move onto, but it falls for Lundstram to put a ball in. Blocked. 0-2
90+4' Kenny powers forward and cuts inside for Hylton but Barnet are camped in the third and clear away 0-3

No particular fan comments

Cambridge Utd - Ryan Ledson played full match in 3-0 home win over Yeovil
Yeovil Town - Liam Walsh sent off (violent conduct - hands to face) in 10th minute of 0-3 away defeat to Cambridge

Cambridge Match Report
"An eventful opening ten minutes continued, when Yeovil’s Liam Walsh raised his hand in an off the ball altercation with James Dunne, which referee Lee Swabey judged to be a red card offence and saw the Everton loan midfielder heading down the tunnel.
From there Shaun Derry’s men controlled the tempo of the first half, with Ryan Ledson and Luke Berry instrumental in the United midfield, who stretched their opponents to make full use of the extra man."
Yeovil Match Report
"With ten minutes on the clock Town were reduced to ten men when loanee Liam Walsh saw red when referee Swabey saw an off the ball incident and dismissed the young midfielder."

Cambridge Twitter stuff
RED CARD: Liam Walsh is walking for Yeovil for what looks to be an off the ball incident. Suggestions are that Walsh raised his hand against James Dunne in an altercation 1-0
17' Ledson's attempted shot falls to Williamson in the box but the striker can't get the right touch to release a shot of his own
Yeovil Twitter stuff
RED CARD: Liam Walsh sent off Entirely off the ball incident - James Dunne the nearest Cambridge player to the incident.
General opinion is that Liam Walsh put his hand in James Dunne's face, after Dunne had wound him up over something

Cambridge random fan comments
A good early goal to settle things down, not too sure their player deserved a sending off, which certainly made things easier.
Just seen the highlights what a silly thing for there player to do to go get himself sent off what an idiot.
He's as daft as their kepper is complete canine feculence. Moreover, that's the weakest punch I've seen since attending a frat party in Riyadh.
Yeovil random fan comments
He walked right into it,bit of pulling ref blow up wasn't going to book him. Liam raised a hand and pushed him in the face
Clear red no arguments. Showing his lack of experience
Even if he did hardly touched him. Games gone soft if that's a straight red card. Joke!

National League
Barrow - Michael Donohue started and was subbed in 68th minute of 1-1 home draw against Bromley

Local paper match report
Local paper interview with Donohue about loan extension

Fan comments about loan extension
Excellent news although Donahue hadn't quite been the instant Otis Khan replacement I thought he might be. Still plenty of time to improve though and a good addition to the squad.
Donahue is an excellent prospect and already a good young player - it's just a pity we didn't have him and Otis at the same time and playing together
Donohue looked good in his first game, but has seemed a bit nervous since - really struggles with crossing, especially from corners.

McAleny (Wigan) and Grant (Doncaster) weren't in matchday squads (injuries?). Shani Tarashaj's Zurich team playing this afternoon against Lugano.
I say, canine feculance. * stores for future use.

Swiss Super League
Grasshoppers Zurich - Shani Tarashaj started and was subbed on 80th minute in 0-1 home defeat to Lugano.

Watched this on and off. Truly appalling game*, full of players who were selfish, couldn't trap a ball and couldn't weight a pass. (Remind you of anyone?) Tarashaj had virtually no effect on the game, mainly because his team insisted on playing through the middle and up the left, rather than using the right where he was playing. He made a few good runs into space which were ignored, but looking at his height, the level of the Swiss league and the way he doesn't impose himself on a game, I would think he would need a few good loan spells at lower levels to see if he can make it.

*Not least because of the horrific Euro-chanting and drumbanging the entire game: Ooooh ohohoh, lalalala GCZ (or something), repeat until halftime/fulltime whistle or until projectile vomiting results. That's the great European stadium support for you, be it Bayern Munich or Grasshoppers Zurich.

He will be nowhere near our starting eleven from what i am seeing of him. he will be out on loan a few times at least

martinez probably still play him rather than give one of our own youngsters a chance.

Nah - i imagine hell spend next season out on loan too. I laugh at these imaginary lineups that presume he is going to walk into the team or on the bench.

He'll more then likely spend next season out on loan in the championship or League One - or back in Europe somewhere. We don't have a great record of sending players to Europe on loan though, so I imagine it'll be one of the other two.

He'll more then likely spend next season out on loan in the championship or League One - or back in Europe somewhere. We don't have a great record of sending players to Europe on loan though, so I imagine it'll be one of the other two.
To me it doesn't make any sense sending him out on loan for a full season. He needs to be properly assessed for English football , weaknesses fully identified, strengthened physically and mentally in terms of adapting , coached in the ways of Everton at FF then sent out on loan to experience the rigours of the English game. Sending them elsewhere to learn their trade may give them early experience but to me is passing the buck to another club to develop him. Our reputation is/should be " Sign for us and we'll develop you and all aspects of your game " , so I would have him in for 3 months before looking to loan him out.

Doesn't look like any of our loanees played today , Kenny, Ledson, Connolly all away with England, but no Walsh or Grant in Yeovil or Doncaster teams. None of their teams won today without them. Don't see McAleny in Wigan squad either for their fame tonight.

Doesn't look like any of our loanees played today , Kenny, Ledson, Connolly all away with England, but no Walsh or Grant in Yeovil or Doncaster teams. None of their teams won today without them. Don't see McAleny in Wigan squad either for their fame tonight.
is walsh not banned after getting sent off or has he served it?

Status
Not open for further replies.