Everton player you disliked the most

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hated Barmby, anyone remember how he used to bring his kid on wearing an Everton shirt and when he went across to the dark side he would bring him on wearing the r/s shirt, then he did the same at Hull, that kid must have ended up very confused, also think his mother was about 20 years older than Barmby, bell of the highest order, horrible little ++++

She's 7 years older than him.

Phil Neville for me, just despised his sound bytes he used to make whilst captain. For the most part I found them poorly timed, maybe that wasn't his fault, dont know, or condescending towards us.

Then there was his footballing ability and the knowledge that 99% of the time he was going to be in our XI, just never liked the guy.

Any one remember Gary jones mid 70s. Talented but very sulky and moody. First time I had ever seen a player show dissent to his own manager when he blatantly clapped Bingham sarcastically when he subbed him in a home game. First player I was glad to see the back of, unflinching loyalty to all of them in the RBJ until then. Can't say I have actually hated a player while still playing for us but if I had to name one I never ever rated and would never have picked if manager it would be Brett Angell or Bernie the bolt. Probably the bolt edging it because I think he was a big boozer too! no idea about Angelo's attitude. Just miles out of his depth.

Alexandersson. No creativity, no effort, no passion. Typified us at the time. Rubbish player in a rubbish kit that looked like Birmingham. It was hard work being an Evertonian then.

2002 World Cup I was in France on hols and listening to that awful rs hun Alan Green on 5 Live. England were 1 up on Sweden and Green said something along the lines that Sweden were awful and is it any surprise when they have Alexanderson of Everton playing for them.....

You know what happened nextblol We were sitting outside at a McDonalds and I had the radio on in the car....I got some strange looks from the locals mind you but it was a great moment to stuff it to Green

Richard Wright.

I always got the feeling he would happily sit out injured rather than play football, somehow he has a league winners medal and is picking up a fat cheque every month at Man City, and I have no idea how.

He went to Preston a couple of years ago but claimed he didn't want to play there because he was homesick - as his family lived in East Anglia - so they released him, less than two months later he signed for Man City.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rarely has a player pissed me off as much a Joleon Lescott did for his "performance" in the 6-1 drubbing off Arsenal. Hated him for years after that but not as arsed now as I was. He's more worthy of a shout than some mentioned here though.

He was no worse than anybody else in blue that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.