Everton Named In Top 15 Most Valuable Brands In World Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a more serious note, "brand value" sounds awfully like a snazzy new term for goodwill, or am I just a miserable arlarse ?

Correct, except they've put a methodology behind it rather than sticking a finger in the air.... (and they get paid to produce this rubbish too)

There was an article about Everton's brand value a few weeks ago at http://footballmarketing.tv/2015/05...nd-the-young-rubicam-model-of-brand-dynamics/

To be honest, it's a bit dull but, in a nutshell, it says we're a "power brand", which is a good thing.

*buys shares and waits patiently*

Hi mate. Why have you used two *'s there?

Anyway, I guess this is good news. I vaguely remember reading someone said they thought we'd defo be sold this summer. I just can't remember who it was.

"With manager Roberto Martinez’ continued and unwavering commitment to attacking football"

"continued and unwavering commitment to attacking football"

"attacking football"

"ATTACKING FOOTBALL"

...did they watch us for the last 15 months?

What exactly IS attacking football? I know nothing of this. I'm an Evertonian.

Finally some good news about Everton and money :) This must be good news for our chairman...?

Now assuming Bill and Co really don't want to sell, this report is music to their ears as it allows them to justify the inflated price they put on the equity. But the buyer sees through that and says the brand value is driven by the investment I make in the club and therefore is not reflected in the value of the equity.

Exactly, which is why it gets publication on the OS.

After 15 years of <inserts mantra about stadium/investment/trophies> and looking completely moribund as an organisation, this makes it look like they have energy and forward momentum. They dont. They have us stuck in the one spot with the gears seized.

They paid between £20M-30M for the shares and have succeeded only in loading debt onto the club until this manna from heaven tv contract came into being. An appalling bunch of bloodsuckers Kenwright invited in and they'll sit tight exacting interest payments knowing that the principal is safe as houses and will go through the roof if the club ever do get some mugs to build a stadium for them.

Ill or not, Kenwright is a disgrace for allowing this to happen.

Exactly, which is why it gets publication on the OS.

After 15 years of <inserts mantra about stadium/investment/trophies> and looking completely moribund as an organisation, this makes it look like they have energy and forward momentum. They dont. They have us stuck in the one spot with the gears seized.

They paid between £20M-30M for the shares and have succeeded only in loading debt onto the club until this manna from heaven tv contract came into being. An appalling bunch of bloodsuckers Kenwright invited in and they'll sit tight exacting interest payments knowing that the principal is safe as houses and will go through the roof if the club ever do get some mugs to build a stadium for them.

Ill or not, Kenwright is a disgrace for allowing this to happen.

You bought any shares in the club then mate ?

Status
Not open for further replies.