Everton fans Attacked in Lille

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son phoned me from Lille and told me that Everton fans have had a confrontation with the police in a square as Everton set off smoke bombs. The police attacked the Everton fans but were greeted with bottles as the police had to retreat. Not a nice place to be at the minute which could turn ugly as the night goes on

I'm going to bed lads. To all of you Blues out there, stay safe, don't get riled. The police will get their comeuppance. My prayers and thoughts are with you, and I'll be watching the game via tv in around 3 and a half hours. Best of luck.

Only wandered through the main square. About 20 police with shields in one corner now.

I've not seen any trouble myself but I have been drinking away from the square.

Hope all blues are safe tonight but we very worrying photos out there tonight

The city center is turning blue
B0oYaSFIIAAZS2A.jpg

My son phoned me from Lille and told me that Everton fans have had a confrontation with the police in a square as Everton set off smoke bombs. The police attacked the Everton fans but were greeted with bottles as the police had to retreat. Not a nice place to be at the minute which could turn ugly as the night goes on
Just seen some throwing bottles fkin idiots everyone is now a target for these trigger happy [Poor language removed] hose french police

Why did I decide on Wolfsburg instead of this one ffs. I think it would of been a laugh in that square today, watching the mayhem unfold. Hopefully it will just be a little to-do this afternoon and doesn't escalate any further though, in any case don't provoke them any further and stay safe all you blues in Lille, safety in numbers and composure are important.

Best wishes to your son, Bally.

Status
Not open for further replies.