Everton/Celtic or Everton/Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny the ethnic/religious identity some clubs get in England. Spurs with Jewish people, City I think have that Jewish connection too - they certainly have been owned by Jews in the past, Millwall I think with the Scots (they were set up by Scottish workers in the East End), United the Irish who settled around Salford and that end of 'Manchester', Arsenal and the Irish in Kilburn. I suppose as well as the Catholic stuff Everton had the Welsh connection too. And of course the Viking connection to Lipoolfclad. :p

Racist.

Only Everton for me, used to favour Rangers over Celtic though, just cuz of Weir.

I always had a soft spot for Berwick Rangers not sure why maybe because they weren't really a scottish team

well said. If there wasnt a hint of irish/catholic influence in our traditional support why would an old school song like that mention rangers?

It was due to the Everton Rangers unofficial British Championship match when there was trouble there rather than for sectarian resons. In fact after that match Everton also started to sing Follow Follow

Racist ha ha! Be dead funny if prods were white and caths were black or the other way around.Were would we be then?lol
funny enough catholic souls are pure white, orange prods souls are pure black, C.O.E have half caste souls, pure white striaght up to heaven, half caste purgetury then heaven or hell, black souls chard by the fires of hell from were they came and will surely return .

Noticed this thread when browsing so thought id add my input.
Id say the majority of Rangers fans side with Everton.
My reasons are past players (Stuart McCall,Gazza,Arteta,Ball,Big Dunc,Weir,Jelavic) played with both teams.
I like many Rangers fans despise LFC/Dalgleish.
Everton/Rangers both wear blue and white lol.
Had a good drink when Everton were up at Ibrox a few years ago for a friendly also ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.