Everton 3-1 Southampton. 29th Sep @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The do have sensible fans too. I quote from one:

As much as we might hate to admit it. No teams are going to be that enthused about playing Southampton at home.

I remember last season when we put Watford to the sword 4-0 there was no home atmosphere whatsoever and you could hear a pin drop, quite simply because a win was to be expected against weak opposition. Fans aren't all that arsed if it should be a routine win.

'Fraid thats how we'll be seen by a lot of home teams this year.

We kind of sucked for long stretches and still put them away. We can't compete with depth but this starting 11 can beat and/or take the match to anyone. Can't believe how fast we remade a squad from the wreckage of Aug-Dec 2011

We kind of sucked for long stretches and still put them away. We can't compete with depth but this starting 11 can beat and/or take the match to anyone. Can't believe how fast we remade a squad from the wreckage of Aug-Dec 2011

Indeed. That was just a glum, awful period; I actually didn't enjoy even going the game anymore. The turnaround has been fantastic... all credit to Moyes for it. Jelavic and Pienaar are two tremendous players and lifted a poor team immensely, and we've just built from there,

It can be very quiet at home, im sure i heard Tim Howard tell the post to [Poor language removed] off in the 2nd half.

Away support is always good. small bunch of fans always up for it.

They're really hurting aren't they?

Were they always insufferable bells? Shame. They even make Portsmouth look sort of sound. No mean feat.

They're not called Scumhampton for nothing mate. I'm from that area originally, they're the biggest bulbs going, I actually liked Portsmouth before they went up into the premiership, whereas the Scummers were always an arrogant lot.

They really expect the home support to be up for it and bouncing when the team is cruising at 3-1 and the team is quite clearly in 1st gear? That 2nd half was ****in dull, not really much happening at all for anybody to cheer for.

"Worst support ever" is something I read on one of their sites. I mean come on, 38k there yesterday, to watch the match and sadly, there was absolutely nothing for the crowd to get too enthused about other than the goals. The match was over at 3-1, no decisions went against us and we only fouled them twice (or so MoTD would have me believe) so not too much to be angry about. Bit sad really, especially considering that when you consider their support yesterday, it wasn't exactly raucous was it? I think they're forgetting they're newly promoted Southampton, who we all expected to tonk...

I now sincerely don't understand that turd of a Leeds game after this. Hey look - more energy the team wanted it!

Love watching when we are playing boss football. It's good stuff.

Still not sold on Oviedo - and apparently Fellaini isn't either. Sheez on his coronary at the end of the game - where he injured himself!

But I posted this in the Coleman thread - he was the brightest for me. Great attacking. Defensively that right side is shaky, but against teams like Southampton, that's what we should be doing - attacking.

P.S. Phil Neville in midfield - can we just end this when Gibson is back? PLEASE.

Coleman looked quite good. I'm still wary of when he comes up against quality opposition and where we're under sustained pressure.

As for Neville, I'm far from his biggest fan... but he didn't really do anything wrong yesterday. Simple stuff like but he tended to find the easy pass and retain possession, as well as helping us maintain our shape in the centre. It was only Southampton though so...

Status
Not open for further replies.