Match Thread Everton 1-0 Brentford - Pre-match chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A lot of it's down to Sky insisting on having so many pundits with Liverpool connections covering our games. Carragher, Redknapp and even Kelly Dalglish there presenting it....and Jagileka standing there like a lemon not contradicting any of it.

They also love to put clubs/managers/players in boxes.

Swear they treat football almost like Wrestling at times. They want a story/narrative for everything.

I dont like how much I'm agreeing with your recently DaveK. Can you say something utterly bonkers so I can sleep peacefully tonight?
Everton beat a relegation rival in Burnley
Everton get hammered by Chelsea.
Everton respond to that by beating forest
Everton then perform above expectations and get a first home win in a derby for 14 years
Everton then beat Brentford while being pretty comfortable.

and yet DaveK being in agreement with people and not just doing his usual WUM bollocks is the most mental thing to happen this month.

Everton beat a relegation rival in Burnley
Everton get hammered by Chelsea.
Everton respond to that by beating forest
Everton then perform above expectations and get a first home win in a derby for 14 years
Everton then beat Brentford while being pretty comfortable.

and yet DaveK being in agreement with people and not just doing his usual WUM bollocks is the most mental thing to happen this month.
The world's out of whack. Davek, say something about branth retiring on a high. Please

100 million more like - we need a decent buyer now we are safe
Aint got the same ridiculous hype as slabhead did. We're still a couple of years off the first 100m defender in the PL imo.

I know he's worth more, but that's 70m assuming a third IC hearing over some other BS they "deferred" in the findings that led to the -2 decision. Just be Richarlison over again, sell short by 30 June only to find the PL still aren't happy with our continued existence.

Hence the term 'a result'. Like facing a 5-stretch for organising footy violence in the 80s but only getting 28 days. You still go to prison but it's a 'result'.

Swear they treat football almost like Wrestling at times. They want a story/narrative for everything.
The worst thing about the whole punditry industry for me is the way it’s 100% pure hindsight.

Whatever the result, they talk at full time with such surety that it was ever going to end thus - everything was leading to whatever the result is on 90 minutes and they could see this coming a mile off (cue curated highlights from the match that prove this).

The reality is, football is pure chaos. No one has a clue what’s going to happen in any game. But the whole business of punditry relies on pretending that isn’t so.

And Relax - ground it out and got the points , I thought Chermiti did okay , needs to bulk up , but showed a willingness and a few good touches.
Just my opinion but I`d have Chermiti as a back up to DCL, try and get as much back on Beto as possible... money will be better spent in other areas plus Chermiti will develop with more 1st team minutes than he gets now.

It's sound bite analysis with little nuance and no evolving as things inevitably change. The frustrating thing is it gets quoted back to you by fans of other teams.