Europa League contestants and Co-Efficiency Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is quite funny we might be in pot 3... Honestly not bothered now what pot we are in. NO ONE will want to draw us out :)
Only reason we're in pot 3 is because we've only been in Europe once the last 5 seasons so we haven't been able to gather rankingpoints there. If we reach Europe next season as well, we might end up in pot 3 again unless we go really far this season since the Points we got 5 seasons ago will be lost.

Im getting excited for the Europa League now, still lots of places up for grabs and lots to be decided on before the draw on 29th August. But it would seem to me that we will be in pot 3 for the draw, which should mean we are in a group with 2 strong sides (from pot 1 and 2) and a weaker team from pot 4.

I hope we get a top draw team from pot 1, like Inter Milan, it would be amazing to go and see Everton play there!

Its looking like Celtic will be out of the Champions League and in the Europa League, unless they can win by 3 clear goals in the return leg against Warsaw. I think their European Coefficient is between 30.000 and 35.000, so they would probably go into pot 2. It would be amazing to play them in Europe.

For the fouth place team I wouldn't be too fussed, just hopefully not too far for the lads to travel to, probably Guingamp, as it is only in Brittany, Northern France, so not much further to travel than an away day to Southampton. :D

So that is my dream Group at the moment;

Inter Milan
Celtic
Everton
Guingamp

I know some would say they would rather have the weakest teams possible, so we have the best chance of progressing to the Knock outs. But I think we are better off playing the bigger teams, it is better experience for the young players and more exciting for the fans. Plus more chance of us being on TV, selling out the ground, etc so more revenue :dance::drunk::celebrate:

I think it is quite funny we might be in pot 3... Honestly not bothered now what pot we are in. NO ONE will want to draw us out :)

I believe that. We're a strong squad, which is finally adding a bit of depth.

When you see certain teams from the projected Pot Two, Copenhagen, Plzen, Standard Líege, Panathanaikos, PAOK, Besiktas, Trabzonspor, Club Brugge, Dnipro, Wolfburg, Sparta Prague and Cluj, there isn't one team I wouldn't fancy beating at Goodison, and i'd fancy us away from home too, with the exception of Besiktas, Dnipro and Trabzonspor being hostile, i'd expect us to be able to take something from it, with Wolfburg, undoubtedly being a difficult draw.

It's all speculation, until the lineup is completed in 28 days time, but even Pot one isn't too intimidating, over a round-robin scenario, Kharkiv (neutral venue), Twente, PSV and Dynamo Kiev (Neutral) are all sides you think you'd be able to do well against imho.

Im getting excited for the Europa League now, still lots of places up for grabs and lots to be decided on before the draw on 29th August. But it would seem to me that we will be in pot 3 for the draw, which should mean we are in a group with 2 strong sides (from pot 1 and 2) and a weaker team from pot 4.

I hope we get a top draw team from pot 1, like Inter Milan, it would be amazing to go and see Everton play there!

Its looking like Celtic will be out of the Champions League and in the Europa League, unless they can win by 3 clear goals in the return leg against Warsaw. I think their European Coefficient is between 30.000 and 35.000, so they would probably go into pot 2. It would be amazing to play them in Europe.

For the fouth place team I wouldn't be too fussed, just hopefully not too far for the lads to travel to, probably Guingamp, as it is only in Brittany, Northern France, so not much further to travel than an away day to Southampton. :D

So that is my dream Group at the moment;

Inter Milan
Celtic
Everton
Guingamp

I know some would say they would rather have the weakest teams possible, so we have the best chance of progressing to the Knock outs. But I think we are better off playing the bigger teams, it is better experience for the young players and more exciting for the fans. Plus more chance of us being on TV, selling out the ground, etc so more revenue :dance::drunk::celebrate:

I think we discussed that Guingamp was a shocker to get to, so lets have 1985 back, lets get Feyenoord. So this actually what it's like to believe in a team? :D

We'll end up in pot 2, there will be a few seeded teams who'll fall in that final qualifier the europa Lge groups.

I think Celtic still have a chance.

If I am reading it right, teams eliminated at this stage, the third CL qualifying round, will then enter the final qualifying round of the Europa League.

So there is still a chance we could have Celtic.

I think.....:confused:
Correct. Isn't it the same situation that we found ourselves in in 2004?

You know, I think you are right.

We had to play a qualifying tie for the UEFA Cup after the Villareal defeat and we were thumped IIRC.
Bert Kassies site says losing 3rd round CL teams enter the 4th Q round of the Europa,Losing 4th round CL enter the group stage of the Europa and 3rd placed group stage teams enter the round of 32 (knockout)

Status
Not open for further replies.