Europa League contestants and Co-Efficiency Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
The likes of Inter, Fiorentina (I'd like to get some payback on them, personally), Sevilla etc...

Basically any Spanish, Italian or German team would probably be a tough tie.
All good places to go on an away as well! Why is the draw so far away :(

Tough draw for Aberdeen vs Real Sociedad but at least the second leg is at home.

Had a feeling for a while Spurs will draw a Scottish team in our play-off match.

We are in pot three at the moment, but that could change. Already we have moved up one place and lie second in the third pot.
It's laughable as we are capable of battering anyone in group 1 and 2.
Not unless we get at least one prolific striker in. As our current squad stands, no team in pot 1 would fear us that much.

We are in pot three at the moment, but that could change. Already we have moved up one place and lie second in the third pot.
It's laughable as we are capable of battering anyone in group 1 and 2.

It's true, but then again, we haven't been exposed to European football, on a regular, consistent basis every season for the last 10+ season, whereas teams like Panathinaikos, BATE Borisov, Hapoel Tel-Aviv (albeit out), prominently feature in europe each season, and get coefficient marks for doing so, in my mind there's no doubt who's a better team, but it's not ranked on that sadly.

Despite Guingamp being relatively close, it would be a crap away game, as its really awkward to get to.
Sorry to veer O/T, but in 2000, I was with the then-missus for the Easter weekend in Paris. On the Good Friday, she wouldn't allow me to watch our derby match (the 0-0 Poll game) in a bar, as she'd agreed to come to the French League Cup final on the Saturday - PSG v Guingamp. Our former goal machine Mad Mik Madar had signed for PSG, so I was looking forward to seeing if he could still miss an open goal from 5 yards.

Anyway, met an old housemate from Uni days (he was French) with tickets that had been bought in the Virgin Megastore in Paris (!) and he told us we were to support Guingamp, as that was near where he was born. Having witnessed random acts of racially-motivated thuggery outside the Stade de France by PSG supporters, was happy to do that, and was amazed when they beat them 2-0 (from memory) - they were a League 2 side.

What today's Champions League results mean to Everton.

Zenit losing 1-0, albeit away from home, may affect us due to their higher coefficient (78.056), should they go out, then we could drop a place.

Celtic, have been beaten in Warsaw by Legia, despite Legia missing two penalties, the repercussions of that may mean that Celtic, if they qualify for the EL Group stage, we'll drop a space. It's 4-1 now, so for me, Celtic are out, this is bad for us.

Other results which may negatively effect us, Salzburg (42.000) lost 2-1 away, and Steaua Bucharest drew 2-2 should these go out, it's bad for us.

*I know no one really cares, especially with the Rom news, but have it anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.