Europa League contestants and Co-Efficiency Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we don't get any Russian or Ukraine teams, it's not really the distance ( though it is far) I just don't think it would be very safe for the fans and players

I would love it if we got a Scottish team, road trip European game!

We went into the EL after losing to Villareal in the CL; why wouldn't Celtic?

Because we entered at the final qualifying round.

Celtic are having to go through hoops this season. This is the second tie they have played and even if they went through next week, they would still face another tie before making the CL proper.

Anyway....if they go out next week they will have to play an EL qualifying tie in order to make that competition.

Only teams eliminated at fourth qualifying stage of CL make EL. So Celtic will be out of europe.
Everton are in pot three at the moment but as some teams who are seeded higher than us meet in the current qual stage of EL it is likely we will make pot 2. However, this depends on who gets knocked in in CL 4th qual. Follow - easy isn't it?

Only teams eliminated at fourth qualifying stage of CL make EL. So Celtic will be out of europe.
Everton are in pot three at the moment but as some teams who are seeded higher than us meet in the current qual stage of EL it is likely we will make pot 2. However, this depends on who gets knocked in in CL 4th qual. Follow - easy isn't it?

I think Celtic still have a chance.

If I am reading it right, teams eliminated at this stage, the third CL qualifying round, will then enter the final qualifying round of the Europa League.

So there is still a chance we could have Celtic.

I think.....:confused:

Teams that are eliminated at the (fourth) CL play-off round go into the group stages of the Europa League.

Teams eliminated at the third CL play off round go into the final play-off round of the Europa League.

We went into the EL after losing to Villareal in the CL; why wouldn't Celtic?

BBC saying "Forster then saved a Vrdoljak penalty but in injury time substitute Kosecki added a fourth, to leave Celtic needing a monumental performance at Murrayfield next Wednesday if they are to avoid a place in the Europa League play-offs."

So, they'll head into the Europa League play offs.

Teams eliminated for this round of the champions league go into the play off round of the Europa League, so Celtic would be seeded and would get an 'easier' draw, they could end up drawing Feyenoord or anyone so, may not be easier.

Likewise with Zenit and Salzburg, I'll do a comprehensive roundup when the EL fixtures end tonight.

I think it is quite funny we might be in pot 3... Honestly not bothered now what pot we are in. NO ONE will want to draw us out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.