Europa League 2014-15 ( incl. Ticket / Travel Info ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking this morning its a pity Espanyol wont make the EL, as maybe we could draw them and I´d get to see my first Everton European game..

..then I consoled myself with the fact that if the other lot make it to the group stage of the CL I might get the chance to watch Barca batter them.

Thatd be nice.

I cant believe you are planning on winning a competition we haven't even qualified for yet. 40 odd years of being an Evertonian has taught me to expect nothing and be happy when you get more than nothing!

I can only see this competition benefitting Everton as it will attract players to the club and bring more finances and more game time. I don't see it affecting league form like it has with some teams.

Based on what evidence? European football does invoke a sense of excitement so I don't want to p1ss on your chips, but the Europa League has not been a positive for teams that have played in in bar those that have gone on to win the thing. No quality players are "attracted" to Europa league football. Bring finances? peanuts...infact I read somewhere that you just about break even as there are costs playing in it also. More game time..yes, stretching an already small squad with eastern European jaunts leaving players knackered for the weekend league game. Spurs (much stronger squad than ours) have lost six games following the EL game.

Can only think that some link the Champions League benefits to the Europa League....as if the EL is some sort of junior partner and provides similar benefits just in smaller amounts. It has nothing in common with CL and doesn't provide any. Infact because of the increase in number of fixtures meaning more players are needed, and with no extra funds provided by being in it, it only serves to put a strain on the club. Having said all this with the squad we have the EL is likely to be the maximum we can achieve so for those that aspire to be in Europe of any kind (which isnt me) then it is a good competition to qualify for.

It is a TOTAL WASTE OF TIME !!!

However, if we used it SOLELY for our youngsters to get game time then it would definitely benefit us the following season.

Yeah, we're capable of winning it.

We're also capable of winning a cup pretty much every year too, but that hasn't happened for a while.

Next year though, as long as we bring in some more good talent and have better luck with injuries, I think we'll have as good of shot as anybody, even the Champions League rejects.

That is, assuming we're in it at all. There's still 10 games left for us. We've got 2 games in hand on Spurs and are only 2 points behind them, so I'm optimistic.

I hate the current attitude around it, its all driven by the media obsession with money.

SKY love to push the hate for the EL, because it puts more importance on their nice CL and all the sponsorships around it.

I just cant help but think that the ones that DONT want us it it, either dont go watching us, have never seen us in Europe, or are a new fan.

Just what is the point of not wanting your club to be in Europe ?? We may aswell give up now, and want us to lose al remaining games.

After watching those vids, it is evident that European football is not very desirable. The lack of enthusiasm and passion shown by players and supporters confirm that nobody is really interested in such competition.

<sarc off>

I'm studying abroad in Greece in the fall, so that'd be great if we make Europa and get matched up against a team around those parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.