End of season lap of appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lap of honour should be reserved for a team who actually wins a trophy.At the end of the Norwich game the players should depart down the tunnel and go about checking luggage and passports.Although it looks like most of them have had that in hand for many weeks already.

Always thought the lap was for the fans? Either way people should stay and stand there quiet whilst the players clap us!! Don't think the atmosphere will be toxic at all, people said it was going to be ruthless against Bournemouth, what happened there? Nobody said a thing until the final whistle had gone (I applaud the lads that stayed)

That's exactly it. Everton could win 4 /3 with goal in final minute and everybody will politely applause. It has to be ruthless either with a full exit after 90 min / turn backs on lap / or silent with banners. Anything else will give the board ab excuse to give him 1 more season. Unthinkable.

the atmosphere is going to be toxic. Even though they have as of late been utter garbage, the ones who are out the door (Howard, Osman and Hibbo) to a large extent are going to get a vile reception which is down to one man. To me, we can slate them all we want but at the end of the day, they have been great servants for the club. To witness them being destroyed is going to be horrible.

Pull him out of the firing line for god sake.
the millions they've made will act as some small consolation, do they need a pat on the back too? just go quietly with dignity and forget the whole shoddy 'lap of honour', though we know how bitter the snitch osman is that cahill got a big goodbye

I would personally just leave early. Think that sends a strong message without devolving into any nastiness.

A select few aside (Barry and Joel for example), they have all badly let us down and have routinely taken for granted the privilege of playing for Everton. The only clap some of them deserve is the venereal disease.

First of all, doing a lap of honour should be seen at Leicester City (League champions), Man City (League cup) and United/Palace (FA CUP), I don't understand why anybody other than those wanting to parade their trophy would do a lap of honour.

Also as for having the kids on the field ? They don't need to be there, they live a sheltered life courtesy of their well paid fathers who after the last 24 months have stole a bloody living to pay for their position of safe sheltered lives.

Its the arl fella's who take their kids to watch Everton for ridiculous prices (especially away) regardless of distance, weather and heartache who I feel sorry for. Imagine being a father for the last two years trying to explain to them why supporting Everton is the best, watching the crap they have served up.

Its the arl fella's who take their kids to watch Everton for ridiculous prices (especially away) regardless of distance, weather and heartache who I feel sorry for. Imagine being a father for the last two years trying to explain to them why supporting Everton is the best, watching the crap they have served up.

Sure it's tough, but Love and Loyalty extend far beyond just the good times.

Well said KAG.

We are Everton and taking the good with the bad and everything that entails is what being an Evertonian is all about.

Love and Loyalty as you so eloquently put it are what being an Everton fan is all about. Of course it's great to win trophies but if that was the be all and end all then I, along with thousands of others, would have given up on Everton many years ago.

I repeat-We are Everton.

Imagine being a father for the last two years trying to explain to them why supporting Everton is the best, watching the crap they have served up

When my Dad started taking me to the game Walter Smith was in charge and we were terrible. It was 8 or 9 games of dross before I got to see us win, and I still wanted to be an Evertonian.

I agree it's not great but if they are meant to be one of us, they will be. 'Born not manufactured' and all that ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.