Do We Need A New Stadium?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to go 'Global', I've always said this since the birth of GOT.

Nike Shirts are one thing, a positive step, and our style of Footy since Christmas has been electric, but not being called the Namesake of the City we came from (No one else in the League has this except us- correct me if I'm wrong) could clearly define us as a Global brand.

But we need an epic Stadium to do this. Imagine us to being the first choice, best Football Stadium in Britain! A purpose built football shrine!

I think we should dream again about being one of the Top football Stadiums in the World, and not bogged down moaning about this and that. Just my 5 cents, and if i was Bill Gates, you'd better believe it'd be my first act as Supreme Commander.

Can agree with a lot you've written there. Kings Dock looked the tits, Kirkby was a bloody empty, soulless dump. So I guess it's about how it's presented and what is designed, if it's new it has to work for what Everton want and need. And it can be done on a budget.

If anyone thinks otherwise, for those of you who watched the Rugby World Cup down here, you'll remember England's pool games in the roofed stadium in Dunedin, the noise was incredible, you don't get that at rugby games in NZ, and it's mainly down to the stadium.

We have to go 'Global', I've always said this since the birth of GOT.

Nike Shirts are one thing, a positive step, and our style of Footy since Christmas has been electric, but not being called the Namesake of the City we came from (No one else in the League has this except us- correct me if I'm wrong) could clearly define us as a Global brand.

But we need an epic Stadium to do this. Imagine us to being the first choice, best Football Stadium in Britain! A purpose built football shrine!

I think we should dream again about being one of the Top football Stadiums in the World, and not bogged down moaning about this and that. Just my 5 cents, and if i was Bill Gates, you'd better believe it'd be my first act as Supreme Commander.

This naming after your town is penis regarding Global cake making.

Aston Villa
Arsenal
Tottenham
West Ham
Chelsea

plus Ajax and Juventus are globally recognised.

Your lack of research is an affront to humanity.

Aston Villa
Arsenal
Tottenham
West Ham
Chelsea

Pretty sure they're all places in London mate, and you can find Ajax down any cleaning bay in a good supermarket near you.

Aston Villa
Arsenal
Tottenham
West Ham
Chelsea

And Manchester United (there from Trafford)

I'm confused about where Celtic play too.

Starting to look like a scene from The Life Of Brian this.

Rubbish that.

10k extra seats at a conservative estimate of £20 a game = £3.8m

TV Revenue will obviously increase, but so will the costs of everything else. Ticket sales will always be an important factor in the financial stability of a football club.

I don't think extra seats would be the main financial driver for a new stadium, it would be corporate facilities. From what I understand that was model used by the Arse in developing the Emirates - yes they increased the capacity compared to Highbury, but the real return on their investment is coming from the increased and improved provision of corporate hospitality.

Status
Not open for further replies.