Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

It's none of my business, but mind if I ask if someone referred you to A&E, or is it something that you've been worried about and just wanted looking at right now?

Either way, it's good news that you're there. Fingers crossed for you it's nothing mate.
I couldn't go to sleep with it. The pain is bad enough, the worry and endless questions are unbearable.

Fair play for being so proactive, you've absolutely done the right thing. I'm no medical expert but a major obstacle for anyone is actually just going to get seen (regardless of whether they think its serious or not).

Chances are it isn't, but if it does happen to be something, you've helped yourself immeasurably by getting it checked out straight away. I wouldn't beat yourself up about leaving it a few hours, I really wouldn't.

I live alone. The last time I spoke to anyone was hours ago pretending that I was going to sleep.

Its almost certainly not the best way to get checked out but I couldn't sleep with the endless "what ifs" going on in my head.

I found the lump yesterday in work. I've been plucking the courage to go for hours now. My family has a history for stuff like this.
It's positive it's not a weekend, so there's no 'drunk tank' to contend with hopefully. It might be worth you preparing yourself for a Dr or nurse to explain that 'you'll probably be better off seeing your gp and scheduling a scan through them' - not that I agree with this line of action, but they're hamstrung to.
Hope it goes your way. What time you up in the morning?

It's positive it's not a weekend, so there's no 'drunk tank' to contend with hopefully. It might be worth you preparing yourself for a Dr or nurse to explain that 'you'll probably be better off seeing your gp and scheduling a scan through them' - not that I agree with this line of action, but they're hamstrung to.

Yeah, this is unfortunately a distinct possibility. If it is causing you not insignificant pain though that hopefully sways them into doing something more substantial tonight. If not, don't let that stop your proactivity, and follow it up tomorrow.

I'm off tomorrow thankfully. Everyone has been beyond kind to me far me here. I'm just hoping to get some form of answer tonight. Its actually the quietest I've ever seen the A&E so I'm having some luck at least.

Yeah, this is unfortunately a distinct possibility. If it is causing you not insignificant pain though that hopefully sways them into doing something more substantial tonight. If not, don't let that stop your proactivity, and follow it up tomorrow.
There's no way that I could just leave this. Even if nothing comes from tonight I'm to far in to leave things now. Once somthing needs doing, its better to face up to it then live with the fear of the dam thing.

There's no way that I could just leave this. Even if nothing comes from tonight I'm to far in to leave things now. Once somthing needs doing, its better to face up to it then live with the fear of the dam thing.

100% mate. But again, don't convince yourself it is something when there's currently no evidence there is. Appreciate there's a very fine line between being proactive and intense worry. Either way don't beat yourself up about it because you've done the right thing.

I got out around 1.30 mate. The staff couldn't have been nicer. They ran a buch of teasts and I have to go back in for a scan today. The doctor said that she didn't think that it was cancerous, but I don't know if she was just saying that to make me feel better in the moment.

She wouldn‘t have said that it she didn’t think it was true mate. They’re not allowed to lie to you and are duty bound to answer direct questions if asked.

Did she mention that it could be a cyst, as that sounds like the most likely cause.

She wouldn‘t have said that it she didn’t think it was true mate. They’re not allowed to lie to you and are duty bound to answer direct questions if asked.

Did she mention that it could be a cyst, as that sounds like the most likely cause.
Its an stupid thing is that I'd never even consider something as daft as a doc lying to a patient, especially just to make them feel better! Its obviously nonsense but my mind is just up the wall and I'm starting at shadows.

Yes she is was most likely a cyst . Hopefully I'm just made myself very worried and been scared over nothing. 🤞

Last edited:
So much as happened in such a short space of time and I don't even know how to process it all but I want to sincerely thank everyone that reached out to me on here. I was legitimately terrified yesterday. I'm a grown man but I shaking like a leaf and feeling like I wanted to cry. The kindness that I was shown by people on here and saff at the A&E has truly restored my faith in humanity. Seriously. I can't thank everyone that reached out to me enough. It might have just been words on a screen to someone but they all meant a lot to me.