Dempsey anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's using the only leverage available to him. Doesn't reflect well on him, but Fulham have had 3 months to sort this out and have sat on their hands doing nothing.
Sort what out? I don't see what they're meant to have done.

By refusing to work for his employers..... i would stick him in the stiffs and let his contract run down for the next twelve months and let him walk away for nothing.

Makes no sense.

Look, it's not a good situation, but I'm never one to place 100% of the blame on the player. These guys have a short career span to make as much money as they possible can, and it's something that can end in an instant. It's easy to sit here and say "I'd never do that" when you really have no hope of making that much money or being in that position.

Fulham don't want to sell him and that's their prerogative. But it's not going to end well for them.

Makes no sense.

Look, it's not a good situation, but I'm never one to place 100% of the blame on the player. These guys have a short career span to make as much money as they possible can, and it's something that can end in an instant. It's easy to sit here and say "I'd never do that" when you really have no hope of making that much money or being in that position.

Fulham don't want to sell him and that's their prerogative. But it's not going to end well for them.

Are you defending him purely on the basis that he's an American? Sure seems that way.

I was a fan, but he's shown his true colours and shown Fulham no respect at all by this move. Proper whopper.

Dempsey is quite obviously a tit, taking a wage whilst refusing to play despite being contracted and Fulham treating him very well over the years and taking a gamble on him when not many would(other then us), shows why footballers are a different breed to the Olympians.

Are you defending him purely on the basis that he's an American? Sure seems that way.

I was a fan, but he's shown his true colours and shown Fulham no respect at all by this move. Proper whopper.

Not even a little. Perhaps being an American and seeing this happen every single summer with American football players gives me a different perspective. But go on harping whatever tune you wish.

Makes no sense.

With all due respect mate, he is trying to hold the club to ransom... this next move/contract is going to be his last big one so he needs to be careful. Who's gonna give him the deal he wants in twelve months time ?? I think fulham have been good to him and he should show some respect...... it's common knowledge he wants a move but what's the harm in still doing the job you are getting paid for whilst waiting for that move to happen ?? he's only doing damage to himself really and his reputation.

By refusing to work for his employers..... i would stick him in the stiffs and let his contract run down for the next twelve months and let him walk away for nothing.

Not if some mug is willing to pay £9m for him.

That's different Jock... obvs I would sell him then but to refuse to play for a club who have treated him well over the years is just wrong in my eyes....... ow much money do these footballers need ffs.

Agree mate, it's sh*thouse behaviour and no mistake.

"holding out" is so common in American sports that I was thinking this wasn't a big deal...But, say, if Arteta would have done this a couple years back, I'd have lost alot of respect for him...

I have sympathy for American football players holding out due to the nature of their contracts...they are, with the exception of signing bonuses, non-guaranteed...Last year of your contract and you blow out that knee? Hope you saved that signing bonus!!! While it sucks for players, I will say, for fans it rocks. As my daddy says, "a hungry dog hunts best."

Status
Not open for further replies.