2023/24 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you for real?

Benitez took over a team that had finished 12th and then 10th under Ancelotti.

A lesser manager than Carlo would have struggled to get that high with the squad.

Best and most exciting? Jesus
We were flying at the start of the 20/21 season and playing some of the most exciting attacking football I can remember, then injuries hit.

With five games to go we were five points off Chelsea in fourth.

Honestly, that year will live long in the memory for me, had me excited to be an Everton fan for the first time in about a decade. And you, Big Sam's Undies, will never take that away from me

Not enough respect for him apparently. He’s behaving like a toddler because he lacks the maturity to behave any different. Some people aim to prove doubters wrong, others go in to their cosy shell, get smoke blown up their ring and blame everyone else.
Apparently it’s much more respectful to like posts on social media about your team and teammates getting beaten, have an obvious dig at your current manager and to like others leaving the club. It’s all about “respect”, but on his terms.

Bad bad bell, if he’s not going to be part of the solution he’s a part of the problem so get him gone.
If he was my teammate and he sauntered round letting everyone else do his grafting I’d be smashing the little ego into the fence at every opportunity in training.

Good point. Will never forgive Benitez for dismantling one of the best and most exciting Everton sides in my lifetime.

The difference? Gray isn't close to being the profile of a Digne or Jameth.

Danjuma, McNeill, Harrison and Dobbin. That's two per position and is about right imho, any more and squads get bloated, with a player or two (Doucoure, Garner) who can do 50% of the job in the event of a bigger injury crisis - Dyche plays these two as right or left midfielders, rather than wingers.
Dobbin ain't up to it. Gray isn't great but he's a better player than Dobbin, who didn't do especially well in league 1 last season. Clearly Dyche expected another right sided player to come in, Gnonto probably, and so was happy to completely isolate Gray. It was a mistake, where was the harm in letting him train and sticking him on the bench? Now we apparently have a very serious breach in trust between player and club that helps nobody. It's another sorry situation for FC Chaos.

Read the Everton news site. Could not be bothered going back to it. Low fee but very high wages Al whatsiname club.
Everton are understood to be reluctant to sanction the departure of Demarai Gray.

Currently, hes being told he cant leave.

Guess we see who wins this battle on Friday.

Dobbin ain't up to it. Gray isn't great but he's a better player than Dobbin, who didn't do especially well in league 1 last season. Clearly Dyche expected another right sided player to come in, Gnonto probably, and so was happy to completely isolate Gray. It was a mistake, where was the harm in letting him train and sticking him on the bench? Now we apparently have a very serious breach in trust between player and club that helps nobody. It's another sorry situation for FC Chaos.
1. I haven't seen enough to tell me he is or isn't so jury's out for me. Expose him to more first team experiences and you never know.

2. Not sure either of us have enough information to answer that question. Unless you've bugged the dressing room?

1. I haven't seen enough to tell me he is or isn't so jury's out for me. Expose him to more first team experiences and you never know.

2. Not sure either of us have enough information to answer that question. Unless you've bugged the dressing room?
As I've said in previous posts, nobody outside the club really knows what's gone on. However, in any normal workplace a degree of professionalism is required on all sides of a dispute. From the outside at least, it seems like that has been lacking all round. Whatever the situation previously, it's now a big mess.

It is what it is for me, no point selling him now when we are light. Get him back fit and we at least have some pace on the bench.

Got a feeling the type of fella Dyche is would rub some players up the wrong way, but at the end of the day he is paid very well, he has to get his head down and work or else he is less likely to get his move come January.

Status
Not open for further replies.