2023/24 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problem with him to be honest

Could have been an option off the bench possibly if he'd stayed, but we're not really missing him either

Him going should theoretically open the door for a Dobbin to get some minutes, although Dyche hasn't been into Dobbin since the Donnie game

He is a good individual attacker who is probably a better finisher than what we have on the wings, but he's not a team player and bar from a few game spell up top where he put himself about a bit he never really showed the desire to.

I think we suffered from this for the longest time where we had mercenaries that could and would perform under the right conditions but then check out when not. I have no problems going back to basis and then hopefully look to add better quality players who also embrace the hard work side of things.

To also be fair, there's no real need to make changes with no Europe and the squad avoiding injuries at the moment.

EDIT: Do think he's gonna have to rotate a bit in December though.

I think he should be making subs quicker mate. I think West Ham away, Brighton at home there were players blowing out of their arse from 70 onwards.

But a few Burnley fans came on here when he first signed and said he doesn't like making subs unless it's absolutely necessary and will play his best 11 as much as possible and not rotate.

I think we're seeing exactly what they were going on about.

Thicker than a whale omelette with footballing IQ to match was ”Dimi“, in it for the money and a harem. it was always everyone else’s fault… which is why not a single reputable league was in touch with him or his agent when he was “100% match fit”. Dyche worked this chancer out very quickly, all about him so off he goes and for actual money! Punt this gormless bell into the sun and away from our fine forum before his name tries to get one of us pregnant and then never call us.

The above statement contains at least 50% factual goodness

Can we put this in the World football thread...Talking about Demarai Gray Saudi career is mind numbingly boring.

Nah.

Seasonal player threads stay in the Everton forum - archive reasons.

Threads auto lock when there's no reply after a bit. Eventually, we'd lock it if it didn't but for now there's some relevant/Everton discussion around him leaving.

If someone wants to make a new thread in world football, feel free - but this one doesn't move.

He is a good individual attacker who is probably a better finisher than what we have on the wings, but he's not a team player and bar from a few game spell up top where he put himself about a bit he never really showed the desire to.

I think we suffered from this for the longest time where we had mercenaries that could and would perform under the right conditions but then check out when not. I have no problems going back to basis and then hopefully look to add better quality players who also embrace the hard work side of things.

Perfect summing up.
Fact he's left nearly every club under a cloud speaks volumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.