2017/18 Davy Klaassen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh of course its not. But if you want to go ahead and show who instead was creating those goals, be my guest, because you cant.

I'd be engaging in the same revisionism I criticized if I did that. I believe Everton were the better side in all the wins and still would have found a way to win them without him. I can't just say this player or that player would have created the chance. It's a completely different game.

So yea just changing results is a bit far fetched.

I'd be engaging in the same revisionism I criticized if I did that. I believe Everton were the better side in all the wins and still would have found a way to win them without him. I can't just say this player or that player would have created the chance. It's a completely different game.

So yea just changing results is a bit far fetched.
Oh, so its revisionism to say if he handnt done it we probably wouldnt have had it, but its not revisionism to say that someone else surely would have. Thats is a really sad argument, you've contradicted yourself.

Its a cop out, because you dont have a leg to stand on when no one else was producing. You say someone else "would have", but then why didnt someone else for the entire 90 minutes?

Oh, so its revisionism to say if he handnt done it we probably wouldnt have had it, but its not revisionism to say that someone else surely would have. Thats is a really sad argument, you've contradicted yourself.

Its a cop out, because you dont have a leg to stand on when no one else was producing. You say someone else "would have", but then why didnt someone else for the entire 90 minutes?

I haven't contradicted myself at all. This is the exact argument I was trying to avoid. I specifically said I'm not trying to rate his quality which can mean take away anything from him he has achieved already.

You're the one who changed scores of games. I believe the results would have been the same. You credit him for saving a point by himself in a game he was awful.

I guess we would have lost 1-0 without DCL. It's just a dumb hypothetical to take guys off the field and change results because you can't account for what the other players playing in his place may have done. You do understand that right. It's not a take Klaassen off 0-0 draw vs Stoke, we could win 2-0, 2-1 instead or maybe lose 1-0. It's just an absolutely ridiculous point and argument to make.

I could sit here and say if Williams stayed on we would have won that City game because the defense looked solid until that point. With Williams we'd have another 2 points. But he might not have covered the one run Klaassen did well. I could ramble on. Point is your argument is dumb, you can't just change scores. They don't play 10 v 11 without him.

Do you think any of the teams everton beat are actually better than them? You're the one changing results, I'm merely pointing out what has happened. Perhaps you should look up revisionist in a dictionary

Status
Not open for further replies.