2017/18 Davy Klaassen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never heard of a team that moves the ball "too quickly" lol... are you trying to say that ross holding the ball is actually a talent? Or a skill? Lol
Tbf ross holding the ball is one thing, but he moves the team forward allowing others to participate in the attack.

Klaassen will be good for us in the end I think, but we need players around him that compliment him. It's kinda pointless playing a neat one-two if the player then chooses to pass it backwards to the defence because nobody is supporting the attack

How can you not see he's going to be quality for us in and around the box with that one touch passing. Doesn't matter what opposition you play, if you can pass and move like that you will always create and score.
He put some tackles in as well I was sceptical off him based on what little I have seen, however after watching him properly for a full game he is a proper footballer.

Amuses me this already

Loads of people who had misconceptions about the kind of player he is and hadn't really seen much of him having a moan

He isn't all that creative. He isn't going to take the ball in deep positions and dictate the game or ping passes all over the place, nor is he going to fly into tackles or beat men

He's a v intelligent player. Most of his touches are 1st time and he doesn't take a 2nd touch unless he needs to, and combines that with timing of his runs into the box and movement - that's how he scored so many goals in Holland

He might take a bit of time to get up to the pace of the game in England but he's a really good player. On a different level of football intelligence to more or less everyone in the squad currently with the possible exception of Rooney.

I have never heard of a team that moves the ball "too quickly" lol... are you trying to say that ross holding the ball is actually a talent? Or a skill? Lol
Passing soon after he gets it.

You never heard of "La Pausa"?

The best playmakers all had/have that: the ability to hold and hold until the movement ahead is in place for the killer pass.

To do that you have to be able to screen and/or ride a challenge to maintain possession. Klaassen hasn't got it.

Amuses me this already

Loads of people who had misconceptions about the kind of player he is and hadn't really seen much of him having a moan

He isn't all that creative. He isn't going to take the ball in deep positions and dictate the game or ping passes all over the place, nor is he going to fly into tackles or beat men

He's a v intelligent player. Most of his touches are 1st time and he doesn't take a 2nd touch unless he needs to, and combines that with timing of his runs into the box and movement - that's how he scored so many goals in Holland

He might take a bit of time to get up to the pace of the game in England but he's a really good player. On a different level of football intelligence to more or less everyone in the squad currently with the possible exception of Rooney.
In other words, he's the complete anti-Barkley

Which is a good thing, methinks

It's both mate dembele at spurs is amazing at it Ross has a similar ability to hold the ball under pressure it's a talent not associated with British players.

Last night Rooney & baines who I'm sure you wouldn't argue against being excellent footballers with real footballing awareness were consistently frustrated by the movements of teammates meaning they often had to try & hold the ball Too long waiting for an option, turn back & keep it simple or give it away.

This scenario has plagued Ross throughout his Everton career I'm not defending the occasions when Ross hesistates to release the ball when an option is on as that is clearly an issue however I'd hope you can understand the point.

I'm guessing from some of the comments here that the resident forum mouth breather doesn't like Klaassen?

Good - this makes him my new favourite player

Davek is dead. Long live Davyk

Last edited:
Impatience is definitely something we suffer from

I can understand it, but then again we're still in the early stages of a long ranging process

I say this seemingly every week (because it's always valid) but this will take time

Klaassen didn't set the world on fire last night, but he looked alright. I'm sure he's got a higher gear to kick into in time. I think we're going to need to see more of him before basing an actual judgement

This isn't like some of the other signings like Martina, where we've seen them stank the joint up in the Premier League already (And even then I think we should give him time as well)

Klaassen has looked good at his previous club and deserves a bit more benefit of the doubt IMO

Definitely mate. Thought he played alrite yesterday few misplaced passes aside. Bags of energy and got himself in some good positions. Can see why he scored a load for ajax last season

Status
Not open for further replies.