David weir returns as an Everton coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weir is a leader, no doubt about it but he's not what I would class as a great Everton captain.

That's reserved for Labone, Dean, Ratcliffe.....

He is gonna be working alonside stubbsy with the reserves and will be playing in a few reserve games, mt personal feeling on this is that it is a good thing. Having such an experienced player play alongside you on the pitch as a youngster and having said player talk you through a game is invaluable to learning on the pitch.

I'd like to see Moyes start grooming his successor.

If we know Moyes is leaving at some point in the future - hopefully not for a few years though - get someone like Big Dunc into his inner circle and start instilling in him his philosophies/knowledge etc.

If Moyes left and someone beloved like Dunc took over - and he was qualified to do the job - I think fans would be more accepting of Moyes going.

Our sucessor is already lined up - even though Stubbs/Ferguson/Carsley/Weir will have more experience, its going to be Phil Neville.

A 41 year old, who couldn't get a sniff of a first team outing for Scottish minnows Glasgow Rangers, playing for Everton when we have three fit and able CB's a generation younger and another England international on the way back?

Surely the Moyesiah wouldn't do that? He's committed to bringing through academy players and stuff.....

A 41 year old, who couldn't get a sniff of a first team outing for Scottish minnows Glasgow Rangers, playing for Everton when we have three fit and able CB's a generation younger and another England international on the way back?

Surely the Moyesiah wouldn't do that? He's committed to bringing through academy players and stuff.....

Your ****ing relentless arent you? bet your gutted when we win games, and god help if we get to the FA cup final again, but then again you still wont be able to give credit where it is due,

Your ****ing relentless arent you? bet your gutted when we win games, and god help if we get to the FA cup final again, but then again you still wont be able to give credit where it is due,

you'll get used to Davek, it's easy really, just think of worst that could happen, times it by 3 and there you go. . . .a Davek post!! He's ok tho really!!

Can someone just clarify one thing for me?

He's playing in the reserves as we speak, does this mean he can play in the Prem (god forbid!)?

Please say no.

Can someone just clarify one thing for me?

He's playing in the reserves as we speak, does this mean he can play in the Prem (god forbid!)?

Please say no.

Surely cant be registered as part of our 25 man squad now?...

Either way, if push comes to shove, I'd still rather him play than have to toss Neville or Hibbert at CB again (granted it worked out well the last time, but still)

The guy's a fantastic pro, not many players kept going as long as he did/has and when he was in his prime, he was solid and dependable... He's got a lot to pass on to the likes of Dier, Duffy etc...

He played 250+ matches for us, only Hibbert, Neville, Osman and Dave Watson have played more in the last 20 years - Good to see him back to pass on to the youngsters/foreigners what we're all about.

bluekippers that way mate ----------------------------------------------->

Status
Not open for further replies.