Darron Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shows how thin our squad is. moyes sounds desperate to keep him fit until the end of the season.

It doesn't show how thin our squad is at all. Sure, we don't have a world class midfielder on the bench able to come on if Gibson doesn't play like some people think we should in order to make changes, but we do have options, Moyes just doesn't use them unless he has no other choice.

And while he can play a half fit Gibson he does have a choice.

I'd be the same. He's vitally important to how we play. Quality player as well. Having the likes of Hitzelsperger in there instead would be a blow, imo.

How is it? You burn out a player who's not 100%. When we play the better sides like we have in the next few weeks he'll be on his arse.

I think the squad is full of fatigue because Moyes wont rotate.

How is it? You burn out a player who's not 100%. When we play the better sides like we have in the next few weeks he'll be on his arse.

I think the squad is full of fatigue because Moyes wont rotate.

It's not that he's burnt out, he's just got a bit of an underlying thigh problem. He can play until the end of the season apparently so there's no reason to take him out. There's not much reason for him to be fatigued anyway seeing as he's barely played this season. Also, Hitzlsperger offers nowhere near what Gibson does. We need our quality players available if at all possible.

It's not that he's burnt out, he's just got a bit of an underlying thigh problem. He can play until the end of the season apparently so there's no reason to take him out. There's not much reason for him to be fatigued anyway seeing as he's barely played this season. Also, Hitzlsperger offers nowhere near what Gibson does. We need our quality players available if at all possible.

Which means he can't shoot or cross properly apparently.

I'm all for him to playing but you'll get more out of him by resting him from time to time. Hitzlsperger could still do a job, which he showed earlier in the season.

It's not just him, but Osman is another one that needs a rest.

Which means he can't shoot or cross properly apparently.

I'm all for him to playing but you'll get more out of him by resting him from time to time. Hitzlsperger could still do a job, which he showed earlier in the season.

It's not just him, but Osman is another one that needs a rest.

He hit a belter today and whipped in a boss ball for Kevin in midweek. It's not like he's not going to cross or shoot at all. It's going to inhibit him slightly, sure, but it's not an issue as he'll still find the right ball nine times out of ten anyway and it's not like we'll miss his goals or his set-pieces as Mirallas is back and is taking them well.

He doesn't need a rest. Players perhaps looking off the pace doesn't automatically equate to them needing a rest. He's missed a lot of the season which is why he's 95% rather than 100%. If anything, he needs more games to get him back into the swing even more than he is now.

I thought Gibson really kept things ticking in our midfield today, you can just see how the level of boss football is increasing with him, Kevin and Seamus back fit, long may it continue. We may just be able to finish in that top 6 if we can keep it up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.