Daily Mirror Reporting Nike Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Le Coq Sportif deal was worth £2/3m.. depends who you read. Evertonfc.com says £3m, the Echo site has the same press release word for word except that it says £2m.

It said "will generate a further £2m", what it doesn't say is the length of time - it could have been £2/3m spread over 3 years.

The press release from the Kitbag described "a sports marketing agreement of up to five years with Le Coq Sportif". So there was a two-year extension option which hasn't been taken up.

Either way, we are getting left behind commercially. Even at £3m per year (which would be a record for us), it'd take the local rivals 5 months to earn what we will in 3 years.

Perhaps they have worked out this £10 million pound a year thing based in everton getting £10 from every kit sold and us selling 1 million kits! Then they have looked at the previous sales and back tracked!
Perhaps If we sign Messi, Landon Donovan and Beckham we might get £10m out of this deal! :))

Dear me, this is all sounding like an appalling 'deal'. Never mind all the 'let's have the Dutch away shirt' stuff, we're getting the piss ripped out of us here.

"It is understood the contract with the global sportswear giant is along similar financial lines to the existing one which is about to end and there will be little difference in terms of up-front income."

We were getting £3M per season off Le Coq Sportif on top of the £30M over 10 years from Kitbag. Now Nike are getting that deal stretched out to 2015/16 season!! Some deal that is...for them. Imagine what our peers will be getting by 2016. Even Villa right now are getting almost £4M per seaon off Macron. Fcuk knows what the teams above us will be getting by then.

The club (Elstone in particular) have front loaded some payment into the club with the Kitbag sell off of our merchandising rights to stave off financial meltdown in the short term and it's handcuffed us for the next 7 years when that deal ends.

They are and always have been a shower of clueless tvvats incapable of of ever doing the righ thting by this football club. That deal looks to be nothing short of a disgrace.

No wonder they have to sell it as 'exposure potential'...and some divvies will lap it up.

Source for your Villa Macron figure ?

I'm happy because Nike is a massive name that is very fashionable, which in theory could lead to more EFC stuff being sold.

The RS kit deal is worth far more, but it's with Warrior Sports. They're all going to look like proper meffs wearing Warrior Sports that no-one in this country has ever heard of before, whilst we're wearing Nike that everyone has heard of.

It will look like we've got a better deal, even if financially we haven't. Casual fans and impressionable kids obsessed by fashionable names aren't going to be arsed by better financial deals, they're only going to care about the name, and Nike is obviously more famous and popular.

I'm happy because they make nice training gear and I'm over the age of sixteen so I can't wear replica shirts in public.
Really?! I'm 30 and I still buy a replica shirt every year, Sometimes I only wear them at the gym or at Goodison Park, but I see it as a way to support the club, in a small way

As a supporter financially I get how selling shirts around the world will benifit. But Nike things are so over priced, I live in the USA ordered my home kit a few weeks ago, all told i think it was $70 with shipping. Im a big guy, i wear a 3xl and it pisses me off because i cant see Nike making jerseys that size, i know they didnt for the US national team in 2010. I do understand if it brings more money to the club, just sucks as a large supporter of Everton. As far as the red side wearing warrior lol i didnt know they made things for sports other than lacross and ice hockey lol

So now explain how that site is any more legitimate than a variety of news sites such as Reuters reporting Liverpool getting £25m a year. Please.

If i remember rightly it was you who so strongly disputed that figure, correct ?

I just want to clarify what you think is acceptable as a source, because 'football-marketing.com' hardly looks like a very reputable site to me.

I'm happy because they make nice training gear and I'm over the age of sixteen so I can't wear replica shirts in public.

Is right lad,grow old gracefully instead of these old men with teenagers names on their backs paying £45 a ticket towards their £20k pay packet.

Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.