Daily Mirror Reporting Nike Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mirror are back tracking now, they are saying it wont be £10 million a year!

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...sponsorship-deal-with-Nike-article875648.html

Everton are reportedly set to sign a new three-year deal with kit manufacturer Nike.

The Toffees' existing deal with Le Coq Sportif expires in the summer and the club will make the switch for the start of the 2012-13 season.

Contrary to reports the new deal will not provide the suggested £10million cash windfall for manager David Moyes' transfer plans.

It is understood the contract with the global sportswear giant is along similar financial lines to the existing one which is about to end and there will be little difference in terms of up-front income.

However, where Everton hope to benefit is the utilisation of Nike's worldwide reach in order to widen their market base.

And by aligning themselves with a premier sporting brand the club hope to be able to profit by expanding sales of other merchandise outside of just team shirts.

To your reports! Jesus Christ newspapers in this country are f*cking shameful.

Dear me, this is all sounding like an appalling 'deal'. Never mind all the 'let's have the Dutch away shirt' stuff, we're getting the piss ripped out of us here.

"It is understood the contract with the global sportswear giant is along similar financial lines to the existing one which is about to end and there will be little difference in terms of up-front income."

We were getting £3M per season off Le Coq Sportif on top of the £30M over 10 years from Kitbag. Now Nike are getting that deal stretched out to 2015/16 season!! Some deal that is...for them. Imagine what our peers will be getting by 2016. Even Villa right now are getting almost £4M per seaon off Macron. Fcuk knows what the teams above us will be getting by then.

The club (Elstone in particular) have front loaded some payment into the club with the Kitbag sell off of our merchandising rights to stave off financial meltdown in the short term and it's handcuffed us for the next 7 years when that deal ends.

They are and always have been a shower of clueless tvvats incapable of of ever doing the righ thting by this football club. That deal looks to be nothing short of a disgrace.

No wonder they have to sell it as 'exposure potential'...and some divvies will lap it up.

Shame about Sergio though ...

An' LCS .. We COULD STILL Win the Cup btw .. ( Unlikely , I realise , yet still possible ...)

So , History could STILL repeat itself , Lid ...

#TapsNose

Doesn't matter how much Nike pay us bill will take the lot and pop it in a bag and drop it off at Phillip greens house

...so are you saying Kitbag determine the rate at which a shirt company pays Everton? How can that be?

No, Im saying because of kitbag you'll probably still not be able to get an Everton top in your sports store or access to merch world wide in stores.

Itll still all be through the online store with ridiculous shipping costs. Hence I see no real change or boost in income

No, Im saying because of kitbag you'll probably still not be able to get an Everton top in your sports store or access to merch world wide in stores.

Itll still all be through the online store with ridiculous shipping costs. Hence I see no real change or boost in income

To the states, the shipping ain't bad (~$11). They did pack my mug in a soft pack once. It was in at least a thousand pieces when it got to me, but they sent me a new one. It's sweet.

To the states, the shipping ain't bad (~$11). They did pack my mug in a soft pack once. It was in at least a thousand pieces when it got to me, but they sent me a new one. It's sweet.

Its about £5 I think here when to be fair, it should be free imo.

As is 11 greens to the US good? Would it be cheaper if they had the shirts etc at your local sports store?

I want to see us with Rockport shirts, with those silvery reflective bits.

They'd be proper smaaarrt them lad.

I think Rockport is owned by Reebok, who are in turn owned by Adidas, so perhaps if the Nike deal doesn't go ahead we could get an Adidas kit with Rockport leisure wear!! :))

Status
Not open for further replies.